Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD Crappie man heading to WI 2nd week of July

Post Thanks / Like

Default MD Crappie man heading to WI 2nd week of July

Looking for some of those slabs I keep hearing about in WI. Will be based in Racine, hoping to pull a camper & boat north 2-3 hours & stay at a campsite for several days in close proximity to where the big un's live.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Papermouth44

Post Thanks / Like

What is it I can help you with, I live in Necedah Wis
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Probably headed for Lake Chippewa. In Hayward Co., I think. Up north, anyway. Anything you can tell me about the lake would be more than I know now. 17,000 acres is a lot of water to cover blind.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll find the crappies on the chip along weed edges using minnows or twisters, suspended on the edge of floating bogs, or over one of the 1000s of cribs dotting the lake....find a good map if you plan on fishing the cribs and use your electronics...that narrows it down, eh? Will be up starting on the 20th thru the 27th....PM me and I'll try to help any way I can....we stay on east side....been fishing the chip for 40 years

Post Thanks / Like

"There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck up there....save us some

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the flowage there, but crappie here seem easy to find. 8-10 feet down on weed edges. Electronics come in handy. Don't be afraid to go small. I like tube jigs, sparlky yellow, yellow red, yellow black seem to always work, with a jighead sporting a #2 hook. It seems to sit deeper on the tube and gives me better hookups. Tie them two on a time to maximize water coverage. Catch em!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

" over one of the 1000s of cribs" What is a crib? Never heard of that one. "D"
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

@ "D" a crib is a pile of logs or brush that gets lashed together, weighted and then put out on the ice before the thaw. when the ice melts, the "crib" sinks to the bottom and provides cover and structure for baitfish. fish magnets!
    Likes IaCrappieHawk LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast