Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Boat ramps

All the Clinton State Park boat ramps are open, high water had all but number 1 shutdown last week. The Rock creek boat ramp is no longer accessible, they blocked the road due to 4 wheelers trashing the area.

Not crappie, but eater sized cats are plentiful and hungry. Caught a limit of 3lbers on punchbait yesterday, fished flooded cover with slipbobbers.
    Likes slabby joe, Tuttlecat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Center,

Did you see any shad flipping in the water?

Post Thanks / Like

No shad. Went way up in Coon creek and the thing was loaded with fry, couldn't tell what species but something had a great hatch.......lets hope crappie!!

Was fly fishing the dam last week and you could see small pods of young shad moving on the calm surface. Plenty of places for young of the year to hide right now and cicadae's are keeping the predators belly's full.......could be a great year class.
    Likes slabby joe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I were there today. She caught her 1st walleye, probably 12" long. Ended up w/ 7 keeper crappie, had 3 or 4 shorts, all caught trolling crank baits, we were walleye fishing but ended up w/ crappies instead.
    Usually launch at Bloomington but didn't know if it was open and didn't check, went to #1 boat ramp. That place was a madhouse at 3 when were leaving.
    Likes center12 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like longlining some jigs might work, my boat doesn't troll well so crankbaits aren't really an option.

I try to avoid Clinton on the weekends if I can. Thanks for the report.
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went and caught a limit of cats today, saw lots of young of the shad.......even saw some whites busting them out in front of the back boat ramp. Went way up into Dry creek and it is loaded with small shad. Water towards main lake is looking much better, doubt Ill do any good but going to try dipping some timber. Charlie
    Likes slabby joe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Did better than I figured I would, kept 8, lost 2 keepers at the boat. Probably caught 20 total, all on standing timber and about 5' down. Lake is rising and I started about 8:30 and pulled off at noon. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody recognize this place?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, about 100 yards out in front of it there is a bowling ball with pvc sticking every which way out of it!! Put in there several years ago at a brush party. Looks good on side scan and down scan, not so good on 2D.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, water looks good, nice picture. I'll have to try and find the bowling ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast