Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: guiding advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default guiding advice

I've been kicking around the idea of getting into guiding. I've had several people message me on here and facebook about paying me to take them fishing and was wondering about the ins and outs of it.

What are the first steps to getting everything legal?

Post Thanks / Like

I would start with state wildlife agency for information. I'm sure there will be insurance rquirements that you will need to look into. I know my boat ins states that it is for private recreational use, so to upgrade that to a "for hire" status will need to be done. There may be a statwide license to guide, or it may be that you can sign on with a marina, and they carry the license with you as an employee. Good luck to you....maybe you should offer a Crappie.com discount?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definetly offer a discount on here lol. My profession allows me a lot of off time so I was just thinking about trying to full the gaps with guiding part time. I think I'd have to get my coast guard 6 pack to be a for hire boat other than that no clue

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of guides on here...maybe they will chime in, or you can p.m. some of them.

Post Thanks / Like