Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to trolling - Bandit Crankbaits - Made in China - frustrated shopper

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to trolling - Bandit Crankbaits - Made in China - frustrated shopper

First off, let me say that China is the enemy if our country and I find it unbelievable that Americans continue to buy Chinese products. I know it's not really possible to purchase only Made in America anymore, so I'm fine with buying from any country other than China. Supporting the growth of the Red Army and their government-sponsored political & corporate espionage machine for the sake of saving a little money here and there is just crazy and basically guarantees our children will have to deal with those folks down the road.

I'm sorry for the speech, but we have to start holding these manufacturers who outsource production to China responsible for their part in selling out our futures.

Is there an American-owned, American-made crank that works well for trolling?

I hear the Norman Deep Little N is good. Any suggestions on this?
    Likes cajun fryer, Cmj, Yodibuzz, Hanr3 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

97 percent of all fishing products are manufactured in China now for American company's. If the stuff was made here we could not afford to buy it. Sad but Just the way it is now.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Pico, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Arkie 350 series crankbaits are as good as you can get.....reasonable price too.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Pico, Tn Johnboy, Cmj, ChrisDXT LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you rather they say "Made in El Salvador" on the back of the package?

I order several dozens of cranks directly from China every year. If I thought not doing so would amount to more than a bump on a gnat's butt, I wouldn't. I have found no alternative to the cranks that I have less than $2 each in when I get done painting and putting quality hooks/hardware on. A similar quality American made bait would be over $10.

If that makes me the reason our country is in trouble economically, so be it. I doubt my contribution has much of an effect.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Pico LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mrdux;2998288]Would you rather they say "Made in El Salvador" on the back of the package[?QUOTE]

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Strike King has me covered.

Anyone have experience with the Strike King Slab Hammer?

Post Thanks / Like

They are good baits......just not a good color selection
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie can't read the made in China label on the side. Just about everything is made overseas now a days. I worked in a denim factory for 23 years and China took that job and I had to drive a hundred miles a day for the job that I finally retire from later. Most cloths are made overseas now and NAFTA the free trade deal done this. I knew a old guy that only wanted to buy American made cars and trucks. He said he would not buy nothing else. Well I bust his bubble when I show him that just about all the parts on all vehicles were made overseas. I don't like it that our factories have moved overseas either as we have lost a lot of jobs here in the United States. Whenever you can buy American made products they are better.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    97 percent of all fishing products are manufactured in China now for American company's. If the stuff was made here we could not afford to buy it. Sad but Just the way it is now.
    I am in the 3% as I manufacture my fishing product here in the US. It can still be done if you are willing to sacrifice a little profit gain and design the product accordingly (with some larger products, at the price most folks want to pay for lures, it is tough though). I could out source and receive from "across the pond" a little cheaper but I choose not to. Different folks have different opinions, not sure if anyone has a correct opinion. This is just what I choose to do.

As to the original post, What G said on the Strike Kings...
    Last edited by Hitek; 06-10-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Likes scrat, short grub, Monark King190, dfar LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

look at offshore made in the USA

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast