Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish on lake barclay

den122364 Guest

Default fish on lake barclay

im new to crappie fishing and would love some help on where to find good fish. i live about 60 mi. from barclay. i come in on the east side at 68/80. i want to try engery and honker lakes. would the bays be better than above the dams? where else would be good to start?

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, the bays you mentioned are fine. You are passing up some good spots on your way there. Little River is one that comes to mind. All of the bays you mentioned are above Barkley Dam. I assume that is what you are talking about, I fish a lot in Dryden, McNabb, and Eddy Creek. Those are my personal preferences. There is a lot of water to pick from. At this time Kentucky Lake is doing better than Barkley. Blood River, and Jonathan are making a lot of noise. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

den122364 Guest

i thoughgt these were small lakes with their own dams that dumped into barclay. i have fished little river some for cats. i really feel intemidated by lots of water. we always put in at the state camp ramp. is that close to where i should be. thanks for the help.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Den, you are quite correct ...

Quote Originally Posted by den122364
    i thoughgt these were small lakes with their own dams that dumped into barclay. i have fished little river some for cats. i really feel intemidated by lots of water. we always put in at the state camp ramp. is that close to where i should be. thanks for the help.
    There are three "lakes" in that area, all of which are in the Land Between the Lakes Nat. Rec. Area. They are, essentially, just dammed up creeks that flow into Barkley Lake.
    I've never fished any of them, so I can't tell you much in that regard. But, if you're shore fishing, fishing from a small boat, or just intimidated by the larger lake waters ........ these should be some decent waters to try. Even so, if you put in at the Lake Barkley State Resort Park launch ramp, you're still not on the "main lake" waters .... and you ARE in some prime waters, most anywhere around the State Park and the bays in Little River. This is especially true during mid to late April. I've had some fantastic trips, in this area, in years past ... and never got out of site of the Marina (hint hint). Lots of Buck Brush to fish .... and if they aren't that shallow, just yet --- drift, troll, or cast the bank between the big boat slip dock and the State Park building (with the walkway along the bank). The "rip rap" sections, on either end of this stretch of bank, can hold schools of Crappie !! ... luck2ya ... cp