Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little more update (after a little rest here)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little more update (after a little rest here)

OK now that I am a little more rested (not complete yet) and still brain weary to say the least.

Son took 87 steps (very much assisted) yesterday and got to visit his kids, but it was very painful and he does still have 2 kinds of infection which one came back with him from Iraq. We are still worried about a blood clot in his leg and some stuff like that (There are several things we are really concerned with). He is trying as hard as he can to get better and is one tough cookie. His injury is very bad, but we have hope he can overcome and I have to say we are lucky when considering the other young people at Brooke Army Medical Center. The stories there are over whelming to say the least. When you meet the other parents and family members of others in the waiting room you get to know what happened to them and their injuries.

I feel so guilty being back home even if it is just for a few days. Just to give you a taste of my son....one day early on I was leaving that visit time and told him he was my man and his response was "no pop, you're the man". I almost couldn't hold back the tears, but I don't want him to see that kind of feeling from me as I only want to tell him how good he's doing and how great he looks.

I did get to video his receiving the Purple Heart and show it to his kids after they got there Friday night (they wanted to see their dad). It was even better that they got to see him yesterday I am sure as he looks better than you would expect and better than he is.

I guess the biggest concern right now are the infections and the clot.

Thanks all!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, it's good to hear from you...Glad to hear that your son is getting better...I know it's slow...But he will get there...You need to take care of yourself too...Your son has enough to worry about...So keep yourself strong...My prayers are with you and your family...Thank you for the up-date...Please tell your son that we are all very proud of him...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good to hear he is doing better and is a in a safe , good place to get him better. I am going to order some jigs, but I am going to wait, a I don't want you to be burdoned with that. The other ones you sent me a working great. Take care of yourself, your son and those grand kids.

Post Thanks / Like

skip - I cannot imagine what it is to watch to watch your child (no matter his age)in pain - It has to feel good to know what a good man he is though - God bless you all and we will keep praying
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip you,your son and family are in our prayers.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers will continue for a full and total recovery for your son. We all need to continue praying for all our sons and daughters who are serving in the military. My son is an Air Force Captain and while not in harms way as much as Army and Marines there are always dangers these young people face especially when deployed. Thank God we have people like your son who are willing to sacrifice for our nation. Thank him for his service to a very grateful nation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We hope for a speedy recovery, God Bless.
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    Tracker Marine Pro Staff
    www.nathankincade.com

Post Thanks / Like

You both are "THE MAN"!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news skip. Its tough to avoid the infections these days. Hang in there. There are a lot of people praying your family.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great to hear he is getting better. He seems to be in good spirits too. I know you are extremely proud of him and we are also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast