Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Lights- I need lights- recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED Lights- I need lights- recommendation

I'm rebuilding a 16' fishing boat and need LED lights.

What I want-
    Red lights for general cabin movement, nothing bright, just enough light to see the outline of the decks.

Livewell with baitwell light, second livewell light, and a cooler light.

Two rod lockers

6 or so storage compartments- bow deck storage, anchor storage (bow and aft), battery compartment, and a couple general storage compartments.

Working lights- bright enough to tie 4 lb mono to a #4 or #6 hook.

I have heard about BlueLight LED's but have never seen a boat light up by them. I would like to support a sponsor if possible.
    Please post up options and pictures if you have them.

Thanks.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Swing by the house Tim I'll show you what I have. I haven't put them in yet fish biting lights on back burner lol pm me for address
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used some big truck marker lights, and I used blue. Pilot, Flying J, T/A, Petro, Loves and most of the truck stops will let you see them in your hand and then shop prices on line. Lots of options. Try to mount them indirect so the lights don't bother your night vision.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I put 4 white LED lights around my Lowes 17.5 boat, 2 of them in front and 2 on the back deck. They might be 3 to 4 inches long, I got them from Bass Pro. They put out enough light to see but they where not enough to light the total deck. So I got this kit and finally installed a LED light in my back live well. After seeing how much more the LED did for the back live well I took out the boat dealer installed normal light in the front live well. So I installed the rest of the strip blue LED lights 2 in the front and 2 on the rear deck. Yep I now I look like a whore house on the water but I can see good now. And I didn't have to put out much money either. Here is the kit I got from Bass Pro.

Bass Pro Shops Bass Boat LED Light Kit | Bass Pro Shops

I really like the way that the blue lights work and also how the white strip lights work in the compartments.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some green LED lights on mine. They are the greatest. They don't seem to draw bugs like white. I bought a 16'ft strip and cut them in half. Put half on each side of the boat. They cost about 20.00 counting shipping. We got them from amazon.com. check them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to ebay .. type in led strip lites . You can get 12 volt strips in any color you want . Fun and easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Colors- I see some listed.
    Currently my thoughts are red for deck safety lighting.
    Green for the live-wells, and cooler.
    White for the rod lockers, storage compartments and working lights on the deck. I can put the deck lights under the gunwale so they shine down and not into my eyes, indirect lighting. Thanks for the tip.

Any advantage to other colors, or what do you prefer, why?

Are the strip lights brighter than the LED rope lights?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue kills my eyes

Post Thanks / Like

I have blue LED strips on the gunwhale. They light up my 21 foot almost perfectly. I have no need for a head lamp. We put underwater lights on for landing fish. 2 6" square lights is far more than I really needed come to find out. These light up the water about 35-40' behind the boat. Great for netting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillip75 View Post
    I have blue LED strips on the gunwhale. They light up my 21 foot almost perfectly. I have no need for a head lamp. We put underwater lights on for landing fish. 2 6" square lights is far more than I really needed come to find out. These light up the water about 35-40' behind the boat. Great for netting!
    Any pictures?
    HOI Crappie Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast