Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's finally dry out outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's finally dry out outside.

Two yards of #57 limestone shoveled out of one of my trailers to tend to the driveway. I likes #57 limestone, you get what you pay for. My arms are like Popeye's right now. I go through leather gloves regular:

Name:  Gravel on trailer.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  77.3 KB

On the side, decided to do a basil salt like what Dwayne (Shadow) talked about. Picked the fresh basil from the garden and tried it. I like it, but I believe it needs more dried basil:

Name:  Basil salt.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  144.4 KB

On another side, boiled some fresh shrimp. Split the shell along the back to acquire additional seasoning:

Name:  Shrimp.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  45.9 KB

Works for me. Pooped now, calling it good. I believe I'll take a shower and the read the newspaper.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Ferdi, Bayoudog, Cappy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Randy and I agree I think you need some more basil in your basil salt. The one mom makes has a more greenish color to it. Glad you liked it. I never thought about spliting the backs of the shrimp. Do you do that before you boil them? Seems like a lot more work.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

When we do big shrimp on the grill like that Peggy splits the back with a lil serrated pairing knife. It butterflies them allowing better accdess for the seasoning while deveining them and making them much easier to peal all at the same time a win win win I only wish I'da told yall first.
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO- http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_) http://theroundrobincajuncountrycooking.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Looks good Randy and I agree I think you need some more basil in your basil salt. The one mom makes has a more greenish color to it. Glad you liked it. I never thought about spliting the backs of the shrimp. Do you do that before you boil them? Seems like a lot more work.
    Sure do Dwayne for better seasoning. We have a special little tool made for that. Like Cappy said, deveins at the same time.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dwayne you can buy them split and deveined. They are called easy peels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saute86 View Post
    Hey Dwayne you can buy them split and deveined. They are called easy peels.
    Don, I prefer to catch my own. Nothing wrong with buying them if that is all you have but I prefer to catch my own and as long as the good lord will let me, that is what I will do. I think they taste better too but that may be b/c of the hard work you have to put in to catch them! Thinking about making a trip tomorrow but the weather forecast is not that great for my little boat on that big lake. Went from 5 to 10 MPH winds today to 10 to 20 tomorrow! About right! When are you going back to BCDD?
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!
    Likes fishervet, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Don, I prefer to catch my own. Nothing wrong with buying them if that is all you have but I prefer to catch my own and as long as the good lord will let me, that is what I will do. I think they taste better too but that may be b/c of the hard work you have to put in to catch them! Thinking about making a trip tomorrow but the weather forecast is not that great for my little boat on that big lake. Went from 5 to 10 MPH winds today to 10 to 20 tomorrow! About right! When are you going back to BCDD?
    I wish...I wish I could go..to see you do that...have never seen that before....always thought that was amazing to see you catch shrimp like you do......one day.........

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to go today but after watching the weather report I chickened out. Dwayne I know what you mean about those sweet water shrimp. I have caught a few over the years behind the weirs. Just last week I found a bag of shrimp hiding in the freezer from 2 or 3 years ago. They made a good etouffee. It is amazing how long they will last if frozen in water.
    Last edited by saute86; 06-12-2015 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

It aint dry anymore here. I was hoping to mow a chunk of yard and may still do it but lots of it has standing water on it and will have to wait till next week and see if it dries.
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO- http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_) http://theroundrobincajuncountrycooking.blogspot.com/

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here cappy......I have one area behind my shop that I have only been able to mow once this year so far
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast