Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about the wier

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about the wier

We have been down 2 or 3 times in the last week and nothing on the weir itself. I have cut across it 8 to 10 times and find no fish. Plenty of shad but no large fish. I can't remember having this much water with no fish. Two weeks ago they were stacked on the hump but now nothing. Went Wednesday with peculiar mike and caught a few on the rocks but even that bite dried up by 10am.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

One day last week when I was getting ready to launch at the dam, two guys who were getting off of the lake told me that sometimes when they are letting out water, it goes through the turbines and one will NOT see or feel the current / draw down. I saw ya'll yesterday and some others there, the graph on the internet showed they were letting out water, but it didn't say which way. Obviously it was through the turbines, because there was no current there.

Post Thanks / Like

There was PLENTY of current where we were near the dam. 1/8th jig & plastic went past shortly after it was cast. The current was parallel with the face of the dam.
    I'm not familiar with Truman dam. If the turbine intakes are under the water in the face of the dam I can see how that could alter water flow over the weir when generating power.
    If not then the gates control the amount of flow and that would be a whole 'nother ball game.
    Fish were at the rip rap early then gone after a couple hours.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.