Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fliet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fliet knife

Is there a set of blades that will fit a mister twister pirinah that will actually cut .. I have gone thru several sets of the factory blades .. And they will hardly cut thru the rib cage on a crappie right out of the box

Post Thanks / Like

Might check the knife itself. I have a new Twister (green/yellow) that does the same thing. Put the blades in a different motor and they cut fine.

P

Post Thanks / Like

Mister Twisters are weak, I use a - American Sportsman- they are fine, priced good also.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant American Angler.

Post Thanks / Like

My knife motor has plenty of power .. It's the blades that don't cut.. Looking for blades that will fit with a more aggressive cut .. My hands are wore out after trying to force the DONT cut worth a crap factory blades thru a dozen fish

Post Thanks / Like

I had trouble with an electric knife once and it had always worked well prior to this. I started looking and wondering if I needed blades. When I looked at the point where the blades go into the body of the knife and jogged the trigger, I could see that only one of the blades was moving. One blade had engaged and one had not. Pushed the blades both in till I got that second click and that took care of the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

You can adapt the Rapala blades to fit the Mr. Twister Piranha. Only real difference is the notch on the blades. At least I think thats what I did; I found a thread here on CDC about it, I believe.

I might be wrong but thats what I seem to remember. A search here or on Google or some such should find it.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

i had that problem with mistertwister worked good until first set of blades got dull [i thought] bought 2 more sets and throughed it away and bought American Angler every thing
    good now
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Warbird and the others are right. Its the knife I bet you not the blades as I have had the exact same issue. Take two fingers and squeeze the blades down close to the knife, with blade side away from you and very careful to make sure to stay away from being cut. You will see they will just vibrate instead of moving back and forth and it may be just one side. Went to different new knife as others have and solved the issue. I bet its not the blades but either way, Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same seemingly dull blade problem , even when the Mr. Twister was new. I had some old Rapala blades left over from worn out Rapala electric knife motors and which seemed to naturally fit and have been using them ever since. But as the others stated already, be sure the blades are inserted correctly and moving back and forth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast