Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankbaits for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankbaits for Crappie

I'm thinking of trying to troll crainkbaits for crappie this spring. Southern lakes in Central and West Georgia. Any suggestions for brand and model?

Post Thanks / Like

Check the thread called "Crappie Crankbait Trolling" below your thread.

There is two pages of replies to that thread on crankbaits and trolling for crappie.

I just read an article on trolling for crappie with crank baits on Kentucky Lake. I was reading some old Field and Stream Magazines, Fishing Fact Magazines and Outdoor Life Magazines this weekend while at my dads house. He has quite a collection of those old magazines from the 1970 into the late 1980. I glance them them from time to time and cull though them for articles about crappie fishing in particular these days.

This article wrote about trolling crank baits for suspended crappie on Kentucky Lake back in the 1970's. They used white crankbait colors on sunny bright days and dark colors on the dark overcast days. They said that depth and speed were the keys.

I read another article where they used a trolling motor and went at 1.3 mph using a gps system to determine their speed.

Some guys use the Bandit series 100 series 200 and the Series 300 lures to get to various depths. Of course the amount of line you put out will make a difference as to how deep each lure will run. The more line and the thinner the line diameter the deeper a good tune crank bait will run.
    Regards,

Moose1am