Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMALL minnow bucket for fishing partner??

Post Thanks / Like

Default SMALL minnow bucket for fishing partner??

Open to suggestions for a small container to hold minnows for my fishing partner.

I do not have a live well, I have converted a cooler with an aerator. I need something so when we both are getting bit, one does not have to stop and give minnows to the other.

Thanks in advance,

pescador

Post Thanks / Like

2 dip nets

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 - 5 gal. buckets with styrofoam inserts. One for the front and one for the back of boat for minnows. I use the 12 volt minnow aerator to supply oxygen to the two 5 gallon buckets. This has worked good for me even in hot weather. My wife has minnows in the back of the boat and I have them up front. With the 12 volt supply using my marine battery I don't have to fool with the small d size batteries of the smaller aerators and it supplies oxygen for 2 buckets at one time. I bought the styrofoam inserts at BPS a long time ago and a lot of places has the aerators.

Be safe and good luck fishing

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In my stick steer I use this one. Academy - PlanoŽ 8 qt. Foam-Lined Bait Bucket
    It is insulated, has a hole already for air line. I have the air pump Scrat posted rigged in my boat. I also have the 5 gallon bucket with liner for rear of boat. Whether I have anyone with me or not I keep excess minnows in that. I freeze small juice bottles or the short water bottles. Put one in each first thing. Then swap out as the day goes on. That Plano bucket with one ice bottle stays surprisingly cool. I usually only have to change bottles a couple of times a day.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I looked once for the lined 5 gal buckets and couldn't find

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I got my liners from Bass Pro. Grizzly also sells them. They just slide inside a 5 gallon bucket. Have their own lid. I also have the plastic snap on lids from like lowes or Home Depot. Threaded ring snaps on top of bucket and has a screw in lid that seals. Works great to keep water from spilling in transit.

Shop Encore Plastics 5-Gallon Plastic Bucket Lid at Lowes.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Charlie. Will check it out. P

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, I have the bigger one up front, will check out the 8 quart size at academy.

Post Thanks / Like

quote: I have converted a cooler with an aerator
    That would be what I would recommend, I have a very small 6 pack cooler, its basically a rectangle shaped box with a hinged lid, I mounted a Bubble box on the side, drilled a 1/4" hole for the air line and 1 extra hole on top to let it breath, Ive used it for 4 years now, it stores easy in the boat unlike a 5 gallon bucket would and takes up less deck area.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get a quart or 1/2 gallon plastic paint pale from Lowes or Home Depot and put about 10 minnows in it at a time and your good to go. I have used big gulp cups before. Your not trying to keep them alive very long if the fishing action is that fast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast