Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Bag

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mixed Bag

We went to Indiantown on Fri. and the yellow perch are not in good yet but we managed 10 and also 10 crappies.
    Yesterday I tried N.W. River for the first time this year and did better, with 23 yellow perch, 2 crappies, and 4 rock. Most of the fish came from the mouth of the cove at the state line in 6to 7 ft. of water.
    I plan to hit Indiantown again Sun. It's just a matter of time before the jumbo perch get there.

Happy New Year! - Brad Baker
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Brad. Its sounds like we should have went to Northwest yesterday instead of Tull's.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I've never fished Tull's Creek. Would you be willing to tell me how to to get to the ramp and any other info. that would be useful? I know it's not far from Moyock but that's all. THANKS

- Brad Baker

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Bill, I've never fished Tull's Creek. Would you be willing to tell me how to to get to the ramp and any other info. that would be useful? I know it's not far from Moyock but that's all. THANKS

- Brad Baker
    Not sure what direction you will be coming from but if you are coming south on 168, once you get to Moyock, go another 7 mi or so and you will come to Sligo (don't blink or you will miss it) ( that is where rt 34 takes off the Elizabeth City). Get in your left lane and soon as you cross the bridge, turn left on Poyner's Rd. The ramp is about 1/2 mi or so down. The ramp is on a feeder ditch. Once you go out the main river is to your right. Beware of the remains of an old barge on your left as you go down. Give it plenty of room as some it is under water even when the water is low. It can ruin your day. You will pass some houses in your left and then come to a Y in the river. The main river goes right, but there at the Y is the deepest part of the river (18-20FT). This time of the year, that is a good place to start. Hope that helps. We usually go every Sunday, so perhaps we will see you there or one of the other places. We usually take my rig when there are 3 of us. You can't miss my truck. its a tan colored step side tundra with Va lic plates IBNFSHN. Boat is a blue Bonito bass boat.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, Thanks for the info. I may give it a try soon. Brad Baker

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing this forward because of the date (Early January) I am interested in going on an adventure this Saturday.. Anything going on with the perch yet, either IndianTown, Tulls, or Northwest???
    Thank ya!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's that time of the year for the yellow perch. Glad to see you caught some and the best is yet to come. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    Bringing this forward because of the date (Early January) I am interested in going on an adventure this Saturday.. Anything going on with the perch yet, either IndianTown, Tulls, or Northwest???
    Thank ya!
    I have not heard of any action on Yellow perch yet to amount to anything. Give it a little more time. They will start migrating up the rivers soon. They are probably at Hertford right now in the Perquimins river but have not heard anyone say.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

its getting close for i/t. i have not spent much time over the years fishing n/w for perch but i/t is a different story. the males start about the middle of this month and gets better every day. I might give it a try this sunday. plus the crappie fishing can be really good if you can find them. i/t to me is a lot better for both!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    I have not heard of any action on Yellow perch yet to amount to anything. Give it a little more time. They will start migrating up the rivers soon. They are probably at Hertford right now in the Perquimins river but have not heard anyone say.CF
    Ed, do they still fish commercially for them in the Perquimins?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast