Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New boat ideas, Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat ideas, Anyone?

I have been looking at new boats and am considering a G3 165 w/50hp Yamaha or a G3 175 w/ 90hp Yamaha. Anyone have any experience with these boats? How do they ride? Any other ideas on a aluminum rig 16 -17ft? Would like to hear your opinions? What would you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a....

I have a Tracker, Pro Team 175 and have never had a lick of trouble out of it. It is a 98 which is pre-all welded hull. Dont think you can go wrong with any of the all welded alumninum boats these days. Matter of personal preference and service. Knowing what i know now, i would replace mine with a triton or war eagle boat with a non-skid deck. Carpet just gets dirty.

Good luck with your research!
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

My father has a stick steering weldcraft with a 50hp honda four stroke, I have not seen a better crappie boat for the same money anywhere. He had the same motor on a 17ft weldcraft bass boat before and it was a great boat as well.

Post Thanks / Like

mistertwister...I looked at the non skid floor. Theya are nice but add about two grand to the price from what I can tell.

jhaughto...I will take a look at the weldcraft, thanks.

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Heads up

Just something to think about. I had a yamaha and also my cousin that had major problems with the lower unit. After having mine fixed the mechanic told me that I was not the only one having problems. The mid range motors have a nut ring that holds the gears in the lower unit that will back out if it is not checked on regularly. My cousin is on his 5th or 6th lower unit in 3 years, I yanked my yamaha after my having the lower unit redone after 2 times. When the nut comes loose it will usually strip the threads and will need to replace the housing.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't sound too good. What year model motor?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1751 Polarkraft and wish it was center console like the Lowes come. It would be a lot easier to fish 3 people out of. Take care Crex

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to check on the price of a center console...Thanks, Crappisaurusrex.

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

My motor was a 60hp 1999 model. My cousin's motor is a 60hp about an '02 or '03 model. The 50, 60, & 70 hp are all the same motor with the exception of the jets in the carb. Other than the lower unit it was a very good motor.

Just thought it might be something you would want to check out.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 17' 2001 Ranger Cherokee with a 25hp Yamaha 4 stroke. I have had it out in 3' white caps. It's a tough SOB. I have never even had the slightest problem with my Yamaha motor. If I ever upgrade to a bigger motor. It will for sure be a Yamaha 4 stroke.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast