Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survived Memorial Day weekend fishing trip ..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survived Memorial Day weekend fishing trip ..

on KY Lake Great weekend fishing out of Moors Resort on KY. We fished Friday thru Sunday, for about 6:00 am to 10:00 am then from 4:00 pm till dark. The boat traffic was horehounds, there should be a federal law that mandates that "every" boater has to take a boater driving course and have a boaters licenses, just like a car, IMHO. I don't know if there is a minimum age for jet ski drivers - but there should be!

We fished Duncan bay and caught several crappie in 15 FOW spider rigging, kept 15 that were over 13", and a few catfish that we caught on 14' rods with 6lb line , then we fished for bluegill and kept 30 that was 9" or better using crickets with a split shot on the bottom in 10 FOW on rocky/sandy areas.

Finished up staying in the resort marina area to stay out of the waves, and caught several more crappie in 15 to 20 FOW on minnow rigs.

One of my better trips to KY lake! Thanks to everyone that gave me advice on where and how to fish it!
    One of the larger crappie, 14" and 2 1/4 lbs.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  41.4 KB

Wade
    Likes Lenny LIKED above post

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You wore a Duke Blue Devils shirt while fishing in Kentucky ? :rolleyes:
    Just kidding sounds like you had a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea LOL - several of the drunk guys made comments LOL - all in good fun! I'm a Duke grad and "proud fan" - my GF is a UK grad, I didn't see that one coming!

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Only kidding !!! Bet you did hear some comments though.

Post Thanks / Like

" there should be a federal law that mandates that "every" boater has to take a boater driving course and have a boaters licenses, just like a car, IMHO. I don't know if there is a minimum age for jet ski drivers - but there should be! "

This (boater driving course) doesn't work we have this already in Mississippi. The problem is there is just no respect for others anymore.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip. The boat traffic was even worse due to the SE wind that blew Sat and Sunday. 3-4 foot rollers, cigarette boats, tri-toons, and jet skis made it even more interesting.

KY does have a minimum jet ski age but nobody pays any attention to it. Give the 8 year old the keys to the 70mph rocket and he/she is out of your hair for a few hours. Baby sitting at its best.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip even if the jet skis gave you fits.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing is that there were two (2) KY game warden boats in the Moors Marina and they never left the slip! Maybe just not enough law enforcement to go around with all the federal and state finical issues.

The jet skis were the worse, saw one with a kid that couldn't be over 12 years of age pulling a tube with two more kids, the driver spent most of his time looking backwards at the tube and no idea what lay in front of him, and those Yamaha Waverunners are very fast machines!

Your right about the wind - it was hard enough that water was coming over the locks at the dam! Kinda wished I went below the dam on the TN river and tried it, several boats down there fishing!

All in all we had a blast -

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have given up fishing on any holiday weekend. I will retire later this year and hope I never fish on a weekend again.
    Retired USN
    Likes kycreek, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I find it harder to fish major holidays as well. Especially major water ways in warm weathe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast