Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crazy day to try out my new Ulterra

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazy day to try out my new Ulterra

I knew the day before Memorial Day would be crazy on Old Hickory Lake but wow. Much crazier than I thought. It was day of 20+MPH winds and a lot of crazy boats of all sizes. Man there was some monster wake boats out there today. I have been out there many times on holidays but today was one of the worse.

I fought the waves from the wind and the huge boats and got to play with my new Ulterra. That is one sweet trolling motor. I have to admit I was a bit anxious when I made my first stop and hit the button to lower the motor in to the water but it worked wonderfully and easily. Man I love that feature. The trim up and trim down was also great and easy and handy. Everything else was like my previous Terrova but I guess my only disappointment was the anchor feature. It seemed to not work as well as my Terrova. Maybe it was the wind but I got in a protected area to try it out. Seemed to have a larger circle than my previous Terrova. I could be wrong and need more time to play with it. Overall I really liked the Ulterra. Best trolling motor I have every used.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

20+ mph wind is bad enough but with boat wakes also is a good reason to just stay home.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

It's been difficult, but I've stayed away from the lakes this weekend. One of the worse weekends to be on the lake, IMHO.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ppowell View Post
    It's been difficult, but I've stayed away from the lakes this weekend. One of the worse weekends to be on the lake, IMHO.
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Terrova and don't care for it but got quick mount for it so I can use my cable steer for jigging.
    going to use Terrova for pulling cranks this summer.0