Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: vacuum sealing problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default vacuum sealing problems

We have been using a old food saver I got from my dad and it always did a great job. Have eat fish 12 months old and they were good, not fresh but very good. The old food saver died and we bought a new game saver silver model. I fish in the fall and spring so we started eating fish out of the freezer that were caught in Dec. and Jan. and found that they were tough around the out side. Fish tasted good but was tough. I contacted food saver and they had me seal a spoon and try to move it and could not. They said it was doing what it was supposed to and sent me a new bottom seal to try. My old sealer would pull a much harder vacuum, it would pull the bag so hard that the edges would turn up. They did say they had a new model for $500 but that will not happen. Has anyone had any problems with the game saver? It will crush a coke can but I don't freeze coke cans.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have the game saver model but we are having problems like you're describing. I was going to buy a different model but we received this one as a gift and I hated to say it was the wrong one. We've had an older model Food Saver that did a much better job. This one just doesn't pull enough vacuum.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I dry my fillets on a towel before sealing. Seems to get a better seal.

Monk