Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 5/24 Coffey County Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/24 Coffey County Report

One word to describe the fishing...poor

Lake is way up as are all the rest. You have to wade through knee deep water to get to the dock. Also the road from Hwy 75 that you usually use is closed so you have to go a mile south to 14th rd and go east then north. That intersection really sneaks up on you so be aware.

They said last week over 1000 smallies and 900 white bass were caught. I tried drifting for walleye. I tried dipping brush for crappie. I tried casting for bass. I also tried jigging and trolling for whites. I caught a white bass and smallie. That's it, 2 fish. I was over schools of whites and they wouldn't bite. Usually you pick up a bunch of channel cat drifting for walleye. Didn't even have a bite drifting. Nary a nibble dropping jigs down on brush for crappie. Boat that left ahead of me caught 5 channel cat and a wiper. I wouldn't waste my fuel.

The good news was that it was a memorial day weekend and only 2 other boats were out. Counting me they had 5 boats out today.
    Last edited by "D"; 05-25-2015 at 09:54 AM.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I agree, with the water this high there is no sense in wasting the fuel unless you just want to relax and drift not expecting to catch anything.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!