I came up with this idea after the fact. Now I may have to go back and redo mine. I recently moved my Terrova I-Pilot from a Tracker to a Duracraft boat. The Tracker deck where the TM was mounted was a vinyl coated aluminum. The Duracraft has carpet on the top deck where the TM goes. I have the quick disconnect Minn Kota puck that mounts to the deck, then the motor just sits on the puck and locks in with a pin you slide through the side.
Well, when you tighten down the puck into the carpet it sinks down into the pile. When you put the TM on, you really have to push down hard to get the holes lined up to slide the pin in.
The fix would be to but a shim under the puck, such as a 1/4" think plastic (like a cutting board) cut to the same size as the puck. You could also use some large washers under the 4 mounting bolts, but I think a full size shim would work best. This would raise the puck up and make it much easier to align the two holes. If it does not get better when I take it on and off a couple of times, I am going to do this.
Wish I had realized this to start with, would have been easy to do.

PS
I thought there was a sub forum on I-Pilot Q&A, but I could not find it. Senior moment probably. Moderators feel free to move this if so.