Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two crank-pulling questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two crank-pulling questions

First off, I've never pulled cranks for crappie, but I'm going to give it a go this year. Due to number of rods, money, boat size, etc, I'll probably only pull 2 at a time.

Question 1: If you could only have 4-5 colors and sizes of cranks total, which would you choose?

I can't afford to have 5 different 200 series, 5 300 series, etc. I'm thinking two of each in different colors, like pink, pearl/chart, Tennessee shad, and maybe solid black.

Question 2: The guy at my bait shop claims Bandit got bought out by another company and they (Bandit) are going to raise the price soon. Anybody else heard that?

They're already $6 a piece, if they go up any more I'll switch brands or just forget about pulling cranks. I might email Bandit and see what they say.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
    Likes Bread man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I would look at the Arkies, better price for sure and you could put more color combos in your arsenal. Chrome is a gotta, black or blue back. Arkie also brought back the Chrome Clown. After the way Bandit left their employees the way they did I doubt I ever spend another dime on Bandits. Arkies on their website run 4.50 for the 350s and 2.50 for the 220s.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Tn Johnboy, Ferdi LIKED above post

NickD is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try some Flicker Shads. I've caught a lot of Crappie with them and they are about $4 each.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Official Off Shore Tackle Youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3E...-nRh4HnQw/feed
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

There is not a better running crankbait than a Arkie 350 series and they come in great colors.......and.......they are a major sponsor of C.C too. That being said....Johnson is also a major sponsor of C.C and they have some good crankbaits out and I like them better than the Flicker Shads, they look very similar.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tn Johnboy, Ferdi LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pink, Chartreuse, Pink, Black, Pink, purple back/ chartreuse belly, Pink, Pink/Purple back, Pink, Silver/black shad imitation with spot, pink, solid red..........
    Don't forget pink.
    I have several different brands and all work good at different times. Run different colors til you get a few and change out those not producing til they do.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes MJohnson, chulai1968 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Arkie 350 series bigger than the crappie cranks?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Official Off Shore Tackle Youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3E...-nRh4HnQw/feed

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick......the Arkie 350 series the body is about 300 bandit size......the bill is slightly smaller but it has 2 more degrees of dive angle. They pull within a foot of the bandit 300 trolling depth chart. They have a better wiggle and a better sounding rattle.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tn Johnboy, Pico, DockShootinJack LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Are the Arkie 350 series bigger than the crappie cranks?
    Yep, good bit.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, I'll have to give then a try then. The other ones I got last year were just a little small for me. I'm not concerned much about depth, I use our Tadpole weights if I want to get deeper than 5-6 feet so i don't have to let as much line out.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Sounds good, I'll have to give then a try then. The other ones I got last year were just a little small for me. I'm not concerned much about depth, I use our Tadpole weights if I want to get deeper than 5-6 feet so i don't have to let as much line out.
    I caught a lot of fesh on those little dudes weighting them down like you are talking about last summer, was reluctant to use them but they seemed to work real well down deep, like running the bait in the 20 foot range. Didnt have to do that much last summer but when I needed to I went to them and they worked like clock work.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast