Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Speed Drifting Again - 5/22/15 Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed Drifting Again - 5/22/15 Report

It's been very windy and dry in this neck of the woods lately. We've gone out crappie fishing three times this week, each with varying degrees of success. Friday we launched at 8 am and pulled off at 2 pm. The air temp was only 63, with the water tipping out at 68 degrees. Winds started out light & variable and increased rapidly as the morning went along. Winds were, once again, all over the place with regards to velocity and direction.

We started out casting some structure early on and started clocking 'em pretty steadily. Then the bite died and the wind increased, so we elected to start drifting with jigs and roadrunners. At times it would appear that our jigs were actually water skiing! We were moving that fast. Not sure of the actual speed, but next time I'm going to take my GPS along for a speed measure. I do believe it was between 3 to 6 mph, but will confirm that, hopefully within the next two weeks.

We ended up the day, between my partner (Walt) and I, with 105 fish, 90 of which were crappie. The rest bluegill and one pickeral (over 23' of water no less!) The crappie were average size, being less than a pound each or a tad over in some cases. Nothing much to write home about, but it was a very productive day, for sure. Total fish, caught & released, for 3 trips this week, tallys up to 188. Not too shabby a start of this season.

Here are a couple of pics:

Name:  Scene_1.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  118.6 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  124.0 KB
    Last edited by "D"; 05-27-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Crappie Reaper, "D", RMGeorge LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! 188 released. Great sportsmen.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both