Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a new sonar unit

7sigma Guest

Default Looking for a new sonar unit

Really strating to get into Crappie hunting/catching and want to replace my existing pin point TR 320 (hunk of junk) sonar unit in the bow with somthing that will work. I plan on getting a new trolling motor as well so would like to have the fish locator use the sonar unit built into the trolling motor. I have a 21 foot Sea Ark.

There are a ton of choices out there, any suggestions ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt matter which sonar you get, you will still have to buy the adapter cable to hook up to the built-in transducer in the tm. I believe they are around $20-$25.

Post Thanks / Like

get the best TM you cant afford.lol you will be better off in the long run instead of saying I should have spent another 40 bucks. dont know that you can go wrong with any sonar out there over 150.00 technology as come along way

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the Eagle 500c on the bow of my boat. Haven't had a chance to test it on the water yet. If teh rain holds off for tomorrow I plan on taking the boat out. Will let you know then.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife bought me a Matrix 27 fer christmas and i really think it's going to do really well. I can see my line and jig as its going down.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a Humminbird 787c2 and it looks like a winner on simulator. Have not mounted it yet as I decided on a trolling motor mount after I received it. Waiting on the mounting kit from humminbird. They only charged 9 bucks to exchange the mount including shipping. If it looks as good in the water as the simulator I will be very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what kind and amount you want to spend on the sonar, I was looking at Walley World last night and the Humminbird 525 is about 140.00 and the Humminbird 565 was 200.00. And if you decide not to go with the built in transducer, Humminbird has a repacement/swap on their transducers if it hasn't been mounted. I bought one last year (still haven't hooked it up) and a few weeks ago I shipped the transom mount transducer that came with it back to them and they shipped me the trolling motor mount transducer, and all it cost me was a couple bucks to ship to them. (both transducers sell for the same price) As for the Trolling motor, i have a motorguide, but everything I have been reading on "here" makes me believe that the MinnKota's are better. Make sure you get one big enough to pull your boat around.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

just bought a hummingbird 525 at bass pro and it was 119.00 hope its a good one not used it yet.the walley worlds in okla have them for 129.00.It says you can see a small jig down in the water 40 ft. hope they are right.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.