Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Crappie?

Going down to Table Rock (Shell Knob) for the Memorial Day weekend. I have never crappie fished Table Rock and the few folks I have spoken with that have did not speak highly of the experience. There will be a boat or two I can use, if I decide to go.

So, here's the question: Do I even bother bringing the poles and tackle? Do I have a realistic chance of catching crappie on Table Rock? If so, what are some of the basic tips for catching them in that lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you only take one rod and just a handful of lures. But how could you go the Rock and NOT fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sptsman View Post
    Going down to Table Rock (Shell Knob) for the Memorial Day weekend. I have never crappie fished Table Rock and the few folks I have spoken with that have did not speak highly of the experience. There will be a boat or two I can use, if I decide to go.

So, here's the question: Do I even bother bringing the poles and tackle? Do I have a realistic chance of catching crappie on Table Rock? If so, what are some of the basic tips for catching them in that lake?
    I don't have any first hand experience crappie fishing Table Rock, but know of others who catch monsters and my personal best crappie was one that washed over into taneycomo from the rock during high water. I'm usually in the Kimberling City area on Table Rock and know one talks much about crappie around there either for some reason, but up the arms like where you'll be at should be awesome for crappie. I'm told they're about 10' down during spring spawn, so I'd guess there down 15' or more now in the standing timber. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I guide on table rock and have been catching several nice size fish. Fish have been suspended in 30 fow about 12-15 down.

Post Thanks / Like

It's trolling time. 300 series bandits at 100 ft. 1.5 mph.
    Standing in the Gap
    Likes vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

it's gonna be busy, but I have caught crappie this time of the year up sweet water creek and also after the launch at shell knob bridge go under the bridge, first cove on the right, several brush piles there, good band fishing also. I fish table rock but I dont like it, another spot is the bridge pier on the north side of the lake, and the pizza hut cove, gonna be lots of boats there so be safe, the weather may help some on the boat traffic be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies... I'm going to fish one way or another. The only question was whether I would try crappie, my preferred fishing. From the sounds of it, I will give it a try and see what happens. I'll report back...