Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: barometor/moon phases

Post Thanks / Like

Default barometor/moon phases

i was just wondering how many of you pay attention to the moon phases and barometor readings to decide when to fish. i know most of us just go when we can but do you think these are accurate ways to find the best days to go on?

Post Thanks / Like

Like A Lot Of Guys, I Fish When I Can, But I Night Stalk A Lot
    With Submergable Lights, And I Never Do As Well In A Full, Moon
    I Know Thats The Way It Is And Usually Go Anyway. When We Go
    To Reelfoot For Bluegill, We Try To Schedule Our Trip Around The
    Full Moon, Guides And Motel Owner Say The Fish Will Be Spawning
    Then, It Works For Us. Just A Thought.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it accurate? I don't think so. But I do beleave it helps out alot. It's really a very good tool. I plan most of my big trip around the moon phase. I try to fish low baromtric times and high is the worst. But saying that I still fish anytime.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

The very best time to catch fish is at the end of a high and the beginning of a low --Slowly falling barometer--

Rapid barometric shifts in either direction have a negative effect.
    The tuffest days to catch fish are the 2 days following a low barometer(rainy days). And these 2 days are even tuffer if they are clear blue with no clouds.

You could read the cows instead>>> If the cows are standing the fish are biting........:D
    Last edited by Litebite; 01-06-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree completey with litebite, but I fish whenever I can. Pertaining the best time to fish, I find it best to fish when I am at the lake lol.
    Stinkies Daddy

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Actually ... no

Quote Originally Posted by bama647
    i was just wondering how many of you pay attention to the moon phases and barometor readings to decide when to fish. i know most of us just go when we can but do you think these are accurate ways to find the best days to go on?

I don't pay any attention to moon phases & barometric pressure readings, per se. I go when the weather and time off from work permits. If I had to wait for all the factors to come together, for a "perfect time", I'd probably never get to go :D
    Now, that's not to say that I don't believe that moon phases and barometric pressure factor into the success or failure of a fishing trip. They are two of several factors that matter, including such things as water levels, water temps, seasonal patterns, etc. But, you can't depend on any one of them, alone, as the ruling factor, because any one of the others can negatively impact your chances (if they are not in harmony with the others).
    If you have the option to go fishing "whenever" ... using the moon phase and barometric pressure may help you, by guiding you to being on the most productive spot/area, at the most opportune time. But, if you have to plan ahead ... days, weeks, or months ... you're usually guided more by "chance percentages". And, by that I mean ... what percent chance you estimate having, at being there during a time when most of the ruling factors are going to be in your favor. That's usually based upon previous/accumulated experiences. .......cp