Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Altamaha River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Altamaha River

My Dad and I will be heading out Friday morning to the Altamaha river hoping to catch Bluegill Redbreast, and whatever else that might bite our hooks. We will be fishing around Jaycees landing. I hope we will have plenty of fish to take pictures of to show all of you.

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing is good right now all up and down the Altamaha. Fish North of the Jaycee landing. Anything South is dangerous to eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Danbo we normally hit Morgans Lake a do pretty well in there and I have saw a few other lakes up above Jaycee landing that look pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Did pretty well on the Altamaha last week cleaning about 110 for two days of fishing between two boats. Had a good mix of shellcracker, bluegill, redbreast and warmouth. Nice fat fish like last year. I fish south of Jaycees and been eating the fish for over 15 years. I assume Danbo is referencing anything south of the lumber mill as dangerous to eat but Ive never heard that before.

Post Thanks / Like

EPA recommends 1 meal per week except Bream and Chanel Cat. No restrictions on them. I have been to the paper mill dump pipe and after that I stopped fishing south.

Post Thanks / Like

In Dublin they fish right behind the paper meals pipe and wear the redbreast and mullet out behind it I asked a guy if he ate the fish there and he said yeah nothing has happened to him. I have never ate any right there though. But I fish down river from it.