Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ulterra install and stuff.....pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ulterra install and stuff.....pics

Ulterra finally arrived. Installed and powered. Haven't tried it yet as I must be on water to deploy because of boat winch blocks deploying on dry land.

The deploy motor is a screw jack attached to pivot arm. The up/down is a track motor using a plastic track in the groove of the shaft for up/down travel. All typical industrial control functions but neatly bundled in the Ulterra. I like.

Can't try the Ulterra out due to bad weather here. Hey, what's a few more days. I waited 4 months for this baby. I am a dedicated Minn Kota fan. Ordered 01/14/2015, received and installed 05/14/2015.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes blueball, Tn Johnboy, "D", Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Hope you enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine in 2 days ago! got it installed last night after work!!!!!!!! Now I just need a day OFF!!!! Man Im excited! I ordered mine 8 weeks ago yesterday, so it took me a lil over 7 weeks to get it, but I think its worth waiting on!

Post Thanks / Like

I do wish there is a better way to attach a transducer. Seems as high tech as this thing is... they would have at least made it to where a high def transducer could be attached.

Post Thanks / Like

The limited attachment arrangement is why I have Rickie's transducer stick (Da Ducer). The stick is slick (as seen on the right side of the forward pondtoon deck.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at getting one of those things, I think they should be the ticket! Dont you have to raise and lower the da'ducer into and out of the water when running big motor? I was thinking if so..... I may as well be raising and lowering a terrova and not have the da'ducer if im going to have to raise something and would save money. Have more room in boat to. Im not bashing the product just wondering how it works. I do like the design. Please sell me on one, because I dont care for how I currently have mine.

Post Thanks / Like

It lifts and lowers with a rope. It also serves as a flagpole for my Point1 antenna. My big motor ain't big, but I still raise the pole if I get over 8-10 mph. 8-10 is my hunt and speck speed.

It takes about 10 seconds to raise/lower the stick. Don't believe I miss many fish 'cause of 10 lost seconds.

Besides, the stick is cool and I am a hotdog.
    Likes "G", "D", Billbob, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That threaded rod coming out of that small electrical motor. Do you foresee any problems with that?
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

No. Inline screws are common. Many tube type linear actuators have this arrangement.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This appears to be a ball screw arrangement, which will provide high torque for small current. Ball screws are very powerful.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast