Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHIPPING WITH UPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default SHIPPING WITH UPS

most of the stuff i buy anymore for fishing/boating /hunting has to come from online stores as their just isn't brick/mortar stores in my area that stock the specific things i need. In case you buy online alot and have anything shipped, be aware of my UPS experience.

I just had an item shipped from out of state, to me, by an official UPS store who packaged, shipped and insured it for 2500. it was a small box and they charged me around $150 for the service with a lot of the cost being for the insurance . it was destroyed while it was in UPS custody somewhere along UPS's route. it has been over 2 months dealing with the UPS store and corporate UPS regarding the claim, and they keep giving me the runaround. Corporate UPS says they approved the claim but are still waiting on documents by the UPS store. the UPS store says they sent the documents and UPS denied the claim. each side has referred me back to the other and I cannot get them to give me specifics on either end. I cannot get any resolution to this matter.

funny how they have commercials on tv about shipping through their ups stores as giving the customer "piece of mind". my experience is that they do not stand behind their packaging, insurance and service to their customers. I just wanted to give an account of a real experience dealing with UPS in case someone was believing their commercials as I did.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been extremely lucky shipping with UPS. I worked for them for a few years in the 70s and know how packages can be handled. I do most of my packaging and insure all my items. Problem is, the shipping store I use is not a UPS store and the ladies there tell me if an item is damaged, most of the time UPS will say it wasn't properly packaged and deny claims for damage.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they like to take the money covering the insurance but don't like to pay out when they mess it up.

Anytime I have one of they're stores pack it I ask them to mail me copies of the documents.

USPS can be just as bad!!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a shame they want stand behind the services that they should provide.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use USPS! Best price and delivery.

Monk

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a note to those who shop on line. Even if your local store (Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro, ete) doesn't have the item you want in stock, check on line, you can order it and have it shipped to the nearest store at no cost to you. All you have to do it drive over and pick it up. Works great as I've done it a few times recently.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes CrappieFlopper, Ferdi LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

In general I use all 3..As for delivery time /good dealings with drivers/condition of package Good 95%..The only problem I seem to have is dealing with Insurance issues..and There all the same

Post Thanks / Like

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease".......You have to be the squeaky wheel, and posting here isn't going to get you anything. Is there a local tv news station that does a "call for action" type of news item that exposes business cheats? Call them. Better Business Bureau....call with a formal complaint. Call anyone you can think of and call them often and repeatedly.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for UPS and I'm sorry your having to go through the trouble. It will get taking care of maybe not in the time frame you want. I know it sucks. You don't understand how many people try to scam and try to get one over on ups. By no means I'm saying that your are. They have that long process set in for a reason. They have to weed out all the people trying to get ups to replace and or their money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to burst your bubble but UPS and FEDEX are under contract to move all USPS packages. Postal service cant handle the volume, so basically all parcels are moved by the big 2!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast