Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston - we have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Houston - we have a problem.

I was sitting at my computer minding my own business when I heard a sound behind me in the kitchen. I turn around and these 3 guys are sitting there staring at me. I live in a nice old 150 yr old farm house that needs continual work. I'm redoing the counter that holds the dishwasher. They are flying squirrels. They have found an entrance to the house somewhere I can't locate, but I'm working on it. At first they were all sitting there next to each other in a row staring at me and when I got up to get the camera one jumped down onto the ridge of the trashcan. That third one was in that little gap between them. The other 2 just sat there while I went into the living room and got my camera and sat back down in my chair. Cute little devils aren't they? I've already caught 2 of them by hand and put them out, but it doesn't do much good. Guess its time for the little havahart and a cage.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-05-2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun with that. But they are kinda cute. Be a lot cuter if they were outside though!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Go out and buy em a bag of "Black oil sunflower" seeds....Maybe give em a cricket on occasion.....They're cute little fellers' to have around....A bluebird box is just right for em to raise.....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionMan
    Go out and buy em a bag of "Black oil sunflower" seeds....Maybe give em a cricket on occasion.....They're cute little fellers' to have around....A bluebird box is just right for em to raise.....DemoMan
    Are you kiddin?!! We would be over run with them. lol I don't want more. I need to get rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like

lol..cute little fellows,but i wouldn't want em' in my house either.my cats would probably eat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt s.
    lol..cute little fellows,but i wouldn't want em' in my house either.my cats would probably eat them.
    Well, I have a 15 yr old siamese who thinks he has retired from chasing rodents unless they run right under his nose. His name is Sampson the Great. Here is a pic of his royal highness watching the show from his throne.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh very nice looking cat!That looks like one of our older cat that got stolen from us....I got two black little guys right now 3 year old & a one year old.Jumping all over the house.

Post Thanks / Like

He's quite a piece of work.

Post Thanks / Like

normally most dogs are terrified of fireworks and run and hide when they are shot. angus, my white english bull absolutely loves em and will get right up on em when they are set off. sometimes hell even try to grab one but always backs up right at the last moment. i guess he feels the heat coming off of them. heres a photo of him made on new years eve as the kids was doing their fireworks. hes standing over one on the ground and watching another go off. he keeps everyone rolling with his antics with fireworks. this dog aint right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

you must have that special touch, Grizz. If i remember right, the last time i tried to catch a flying squirrel, he almost knawed my hand off before i could throw him down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast