Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat research

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat research

I am still researching for which aluminum boat I want to buy. I decided to not get in a big hurry since I currently have a boat and make sure I buy the exact one I want. Anyway, I came across this thread that I thought everyone should see.

Aluminum Bass Boat Damge from 15-20mph wind

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking at a EXPRESS or a EAGLE DLX I think. EXPRESS is .125 alum, the rest are .100.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 that I've had for 6 years. No problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431728156035.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  53.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1431728199049.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  54.9 KB

Express ..

P.o.s

And no they will not help me

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Production boats, Wareagle or Seark. You won't bust one up unless you run into a piling.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

My friends have a welding business and they have repaired many xpress boats over last couple years. I would look at the G3 Bay series that came out last year or Lowes bay boat. Crest liner has a nice bay boat too! 15-20 MPH is not a reasonable day for any aluminum boat. Or any small craft for that matter.
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Most hull warranties are only good for the original purchaser, 2nd hand owners are pretty much out in the cold from what I've read. GL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the title of his post is most misleading. That damage was not caused by wind, it was from hitting a wave or some other object. Not trying to split hairs but I've fished many days in winds that high and never had any boat damage from the wind. The OP mentioned he had only had the boat for a year so IMO it is obvious he hasn't learned how to negotiate rough water in it.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Seaark has a lifetime hull warranty at least for the original purchaser. Don't know about second owner you would have to check that out.
    Last edited by Boa3; 05-16-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: fix spelling error

Post Thanks / Like

One of the commentc on that forum you linked to, says, "I'll never own another aluminum rig because they can not handle the test of time on big water lakes." What a crock! I've owned aluminums (5 in total) all my life and have hit some big water with them too. Never had a major structural problem like that.

I've always stuck with Lunds & Crestliners though, so not knowing the make in this situation, I cannot comment on it specifically. Most Canadian guides will ride in nothing but aluminum. I'll take either of these brands any day with no reservations.

My fishing partner has a Tracker Panfish (older boat). We regularly fish a very large reservoir with no serious damage - in big wind sometimes too. This boat has experienced leaking rivets from time to time, but no major structural damage. Sure would like to know what brand boat they are talking about!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast