HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrova mounting question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova mounting question

Got my new Terrova w/i-Pilot in and to say the least am anxious to get this bad boy mounted and put to use!! Started messing with it last night...had it all bolted down and low and behold the shaft would not clear the front of the boat when I was trying to deploy it. After taking everything back apart and doing what I should have done the first time, I deployed it and worked backwards. From the best I can tell its going to have to stick out at least as far as shown in the photo. My question is....is this normal? The short side is the closest in the photo, so the other side sticks over even further. Just looks like that is a lot hanging out over the boat but I don't know how else it would mount? Plus I will likely only be able to use 3-4 of the 6 mounting holes. You guys out there with a War Eagle 1648, is this what yours looks like too?

Name:  terrova.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  37.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it sticks way out and you have to be careful around docks that you don't bam the motor or prop. That is why I bought one of the quick release mounting plates. I cover my boat and it lets me move the motor back off the bow. Also like the quick release if I am staying overnight somewhere. Takes about 10 seconds to take the motor off and store in the car or hotel room.
    Here is a link to the one I have. Too late to do you much good, but it really simplifies installing the motor
    MKA-21 QUICK RELEASE BRACKET | Minn Kota Motors
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I have the mounting place also. I like it for its pin you can lock with a pad lock. But as you I also rev=move it for storage. Yes mine hangs out there a lot. I am running a Polar Kraft 16FF. It will bump the front stop as mine is up higher than the ones I have seen down low. I also mounted it straight, not off set as you see on a lot of boats. Probaly not much help but letting you know you are not alone on your mounting concerns.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys....I guess my OCD just didn't think it should be hanging out that far!! As for the quick release....I had that very bracket on my old TM that I just sold but had to let it go with the motor. Might get another one in the future but there will not be many times if any I will need to remove my motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quick release as well, but a different model from MK. This one slides and can be set in different positions. Move it back a notch or two for loading/launching, etc. I liked the adjustable feature on this model:

MKA-16-02 QUICK RELEASE BRACKET | Minn Kota Motors
    Randy Andres
    Likes Davedirt LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor right off the bat and get one of these to support the head on your Terrova.

Amazon.com : RAM Trolling Motor Support Black : Sports & Outdoors
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Thanks jordanjones thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Do yourself a favor right off the bat and get one of these to support the head on your Terrova.

Amazon.com : RAM Trolling Motor Support Black : Sports & Outdoors
    I had one of those on my Terrova and it works well. However, I sold my Terrova and I am finally suppose to have a new back ordered 45" Ulterra delivered tomorrow (Saturday) hopefully or maybe Monday. I haven't figured out yet whether the Ulterra will need a ram mount or not. Anyone know? I still have the ram mount in case I need it. for the Ulterra. Will sell it if I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of guys on the electronics forum who have made their own sliding brackets.....and are willing to share pics if you're a diyer.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor and get the bracket Tracker123 posted. That way you get to use all your mounting holes and makes it more stable.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I mounted my PD-V2 and didn't like missing so many holes so I drilled one to make up the difference Did the trick. I don't have the bracket but I could use one. Smacking a transducer is one of the nightmares that keeps me up at night, they aint cheap!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast