Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Times The Plan Does Not Work/Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Times The Plan Does Not Work/Pics

Today we had a plan to get some fish in a different place. Well we got some but not what we were hoping for. S o we moved back to a trusted ol hole. Well for some time that did not work out. Wind from the wrong direction and a 10 degree drop in water temp. We moved around and we were catching fish. Just not what we wanted. We said lets give it another shot in the ol hole. The wind had changed a bit and died down some. The shade moved some and it came alive. We ended up with 162. Biggest being 15 and several of them that size. Many many from 12-14.

Some Times The Plan Does Not Work/Pics

m/albums/jj192/pro390/pro390051/DSC02413_zps8wtern9k.jpg[/IMG]

t.com/user/pro390/media/pro390051/DSC02398_zpsb0xghlfw.jpg.html][IMG]
    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/pro390/pro390051/DSC02398_zpsb0xghlfw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Likes willietex75766, snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boy Howdey
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Bee; This must be a private lake. If it was not and it was here in Mississippi people would fish it slam out in just a little while. Our public lakes and reservoirs are fished hard every year especially in the spring(spawn) and early fall. We do have some private lakes that have fishing like that but you have to own a house or land on those lakes $$$$$. Those are some pretty and big golden crappie and to catch 162 and to use just 1 rod Wow! And as many as you have caught I presume you catch and release a lot. Thanks for sharing.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes vic n, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Bee; This must be a private lake. If it was not and it was here in Mississippi people would fish it slam out in just a little while. Our public lakes and reservoirs are fished hard every year especially in the spring(spawn) and early fall. We do have some private lakes that have fishing like that but you have to own a house or land on those lakes $$$$$. Those are some pretty and big golden crappie and to catch 162 and to use just 1 rod Wow! And as many as you have caught I presume you catch and release a lot. Thanks for sharing.
    Scat they are all open to everyone including you. What you have is a state where crappie are not wanted nor enjoyed. This state is all about trout and all else is not wanted or promoted. I would be safe in saying we were the only 2 people in the state fishing for crappie today. Yes we released them all.
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You guys in Maine are killing me.....!
    Likes KAG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Love the dark coloration on them.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

I was close to posting the same thing as scrat....beautiful fish and so many!! Must be private. I don't even like trout, so I'd be right there fishing with you two guys for crappies!!
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The further north you go the fewer people fish for crappie except as a bycatch. When I lived in NJ it was really rare to find someone interested in this fish. I brought a 16 inch crappie to a taxidermist once and he looked at me like I was asking him to mount a shiner, no understanding why someone would be into crappie. As a little guy I didn't catch or know crappie existed other than an occasional bill dance episode where he was spider rigging for them. I now know many of the lakes I fished had them though I never caught one. In NJ it's all about largemouth bass, now hybrids and in deep reservoirs lake trout and small mouth. Go further north and crappie fade into the background and are often not even mentioned on lake surveys.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job and good report

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice fish, pretty color too! I'd like to catch that many in a day, and release most of them, of course.
    My wife keeps saying I never listen to her....... or something like that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast