Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: clinton tomm. may 13th

Post Thanks / Like

Default clinton tomm. may 13th

Got to take the day off to take a priest visiting from Vietnam to go fishing. Its an old friend of my dads that loves fishing but has never been fishing stateside. Hopefully we will be able to find something tomorrow and not get skunked.

I dont fish much during the morning and afternoon due to work schedules.

My plan is to try to hit up the rocks by the dam early. Then possibly go into a cove troll around and cast for crappie or whites. If it fails. I got some crank baits to go troll around to see if we can pick anything off.

I hate to ask but if you have any tips for this lake for afternoon fishing please let me know.

I'll be out in a brown lowe fm165 . Wave if you see us!

Post Thanks / Like

Troll on the big flat east of Clinton point and the flats in front of the old marina you should have fun with whites and maybe a wiper or two. I was there yesterday and saw quite a few guys trolling and they were catching fish. A lot of guys were drifting the flats and also catching fish. Did not see what the were catching but I am sure they were walleye fishing.

Gary
    Likes dester223 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Clinton today also, pretty darn windy and really tuff results, caught 4 half n half. Very limited spots to fish. 4 to 7ft was my zone.
    Likes dester223 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Welp. It wasnt a total bust but got on the water at 930am. My fishing partner was having issues casting so we mainly trolled the rocks by the dam. Trolled in 25 to 30 fow and ended up with 5 crappie and 2 catfish.

Not a lot but he was pretty excited either way.

Didnt run into any white bass. Marked a lot of fish but they didnt seem to want to bite. Talked to a couple other boaters and they said the same thing.

At the marina the lady said the lake rose about a foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkv View Post
    Tried Clinton today also, pretty darn windy and really tuff results, caught 4 half n half. Very limited spots to fish. 4 to 7ft was my zone.
    Didnt see ya. But got there late 3:30ish. Got 12 all bloody tailed males were where they were befofe water level came up water nice and stained. Just a guess but I think next week is gonna be the deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Didnt see ya. But got there late 3:30ish. Got 12 all bloody tailed males were where they were befofe water level came up water nice and stained. Just a guess but I think next week is gonna be the deal!
    Left around 2, how did u ever get there with that southeast wind, way too windy for my little tub!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkv View Post
    Left around 2, how did u ever get there with that southeast wind, way too windy for my little tub!
    Remember back in the day when would we would do whatever it took to catch fish? That dang fever seems to be coming back in my old age.
    Likes dkv LIKED above post