Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best season for fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best season for fishing?

What is the best season for fishing nearby the river bank because going deep into the sea can be costly if we come back bare handed. And what tolls and machine you would suggest for fishing? I am new to fishing and need your guide guys so please help me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Janet, and welcome to the site. Keep working on your English so you will be able to understand us, and also to communicate what it is you want. Here is a link to the New York forum for crappies. Read what your local fishermen/women are doing to catch fish and what time of year is best. You will also learn what baits and techniques are the best for your own area, because fishing is much different from area to area. Try finding some youtube videos to teach you how to fish for crappies. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Janet; Like Vic said you need to ask these questions on your state forum. Because laws on how many rods hooks and even baits change from one state to the other. I would hate to know we told you something wrong as Laws are different from state to state. After you find out the ins and outs of your states fishing laws and how to's. Then it will be good to ask others how they fish in different ways and different states. Good luck and hope you catch a boat load.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janetfdoss View Post
    What is the best season for fishing nearby the river bank because going deep into the sea can be costly if we come back bare handed. And what tolls and machine you would suggest for fishing? I am new to fishing and need your guide guys so please help me.
    Your zip code indicates you live in Manhattan:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/download.../Manhattan.pdf

I don't think there's a lot of crappie fishing going on in Manhattan.

You might get better fishing info from a NY site. NYbass.com is one I know of. There are some guys there who fish Staten Island.

The New York Bass Forums

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about the area your in ...But for me when the weather suits you and your OFF.. is a good start
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I catchin fish right now and your just above me. So get out right now until early June.
    Find and place where big trees fell into the water along the shore and fish near and around it.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

best season is any one when you can get out to fish
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes vic n LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cva34 View Post
    I know nothing about the area your in ...But for me when the weather suits you and your OFF.. is a good start
    Welcome to crappie.com from Alabama. Your first question was "What is the best season for fishing nearby the river bank?" I would tell people there is a time and a place for just plain fishing. Any time and any place. Now if you are fishing for a particular species like crappie then check with your state Division of Wildlife or local bait shops and ask if anyone is catching crappie. As a general rule if they are native to the lake or river I am fishing at I start off by looking for a calm slough or back cove area that has wood (piers,fallen trees, stumps, laydowns, brushpiles etc) or vegetation (weeds, lily pads etc) or structure like rocks or man made fish attractors. I look for deeper water close by that they use as escape routes. For me, I like to fish on a cloudy day or from early morning (5:00 am until about 9:00 am or late afternoon 4:00 pm until sunset. In Spring when the dogwoods are in bloom crappie are closer to the bank spawning and also in fall when they are putting on the feed in preparation for the winter. In winter look for them in the deepest areas of your lake. Those are just some general rules that I go by. I also carry binoculars and a notebook to see where others who are wiser then myself are fishing and write a note to myself to check that area out later. If they had any tournament in the area I would read the report to find out where they were fishing and at what depth , cove or creek fish were being found.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your answers here. I have got the help now.