Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's going on at Marion

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's going on at Marion

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has been to Marion or have heard anything.

Thanks for the Help

Post Thanks / Like

2 Saturdays ago there were a lot of crappie fisherman in cottonwood cove. Water temp was around 61 around 1pm. I caught a couple of crappie trolling on the way out. Most were at or under 10". I heard the bite was great in the morning that day. Also, looked like a lot of boats searching for walleye by the point south of cottonwood. Water temp ended up around 63 by 6pm.

Post Thanks / Like

fished for crappie in cottonwood last Saturday caught 2 crappie 14 inches. a lot of people out using minnows, several small crappie being caught. water level is too low I believe. boats fishing cotton wood point limiting out on walleye some in a matter of a couple hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information guys we are headed out out Sunday for a few days i will let you know how we do.

Post Thanks / Like

spent a few days out at Marion and caught some fish did not do a lot of crappie fishing but found some eyes. There were many people crappie fishing in cottonwood cove with fish being caught but a lot of small crappie. Caught most walleyes drifting with chartreuse jigs tipped with worm.
    Likes tomsmith LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Caught some crappie around 8inches by the boat ramp while waiting for the storm to roll through Saturday morning. Caught maybe half a dozen in 30 minutes. I was using 1/16 oz chartreuse jig with the small chartreuse/white wasshoppah