Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tight Lining?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tight Lining?

When tight lining, how do most of you connect your bait? Directly to the line with a palomar know or do you use a leader?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation maybe I'm not the best one to answer this question ..

Tightlining or deadlining (trolling or still fishing) and most other methods of fishing .... I still use the "improved clinch" knot. I know "how" to tie palomar, trilene, and other knots that have tested at a higher percentage of pound test ... I'm just so used to tying the "improved clinch" that I can do it without my glasses ...LOL!! I know, I'm a creature of habit :rolleyes: ... and it may not be the "best" knot to use - but, for me, it works fine.
    I don't use leaders - I tie directly to the hook or jighead with the main line ... even with my one outfit that has Spiderwire line on it
    I just keep good line on my reels, spray the lines with Reel Magic, keep a slightly "loose" drag setting, and "backwind" my reels (if/when I get a large fish on) when playing a fish.
    Regardless of what knot you use - NEVER EVER cinch a knot down DRY !! ALWAYS wet the line first ... your knot will hold much better ! .........luck2ya ...........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tie the jig right onto the line with a palmar knot

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Tightlining or deadlining (trolling or still fishing) and most other methods of fishing .... I still use the "improved clinch" knot. I know "how" to tie palomar, trilene, and other knots that have tested at a higher percentage of pound test ... I'm just so used to tying the "improved clinch" that I can do it without my glasses ...LOL!! I know, I'm a creature of habit :rolleyes: ... and it may not be the "best" knot to use - but, for me, it works fine.
    I don't use leaders - I tie directly to the hook or jighead with the main line ... even with my one outfit that has Spiderwire line on it
    I just keep good line on my reels, spray the lines with Reel Magic, keep a slightly "loose" drag setting, and "backwind" my reels (if/when I get a large fish on) when playing a fish.
    Regardless of what knot you use - NEVER EVER cinch a knot down DRY !! ALWAYS wet the line first ... your knot will hold much better ! .........luck2ya ...........cp
    Regards,

Moose1am