Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ - Monday & Tuesday (same pattern as other anglers)

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ - Monday & Tuesday (same pattern as other anglers)

Fished the mid-lake area and limited both days with my Dad. Water temps were in the mid to upper 60s, most fish were caught in 8-12 feet of water around structure, the majority were females, and were caught on jigs. The fish are really scattered, the most we caught in any one area was nine. Since the fish are scattered we tried trolling crankbaits Monday evening and managed to catch about ten, but only five were keepers. I caught some fish shallower last weekend (nine days ago) by myself, but those spots didn't hold any fish this week. I don't know what to make of the spawn this year. With the water being so clear and the lake coming up I know that once the fish decide on a nesting spot they won't move up just because the water level comes up. I fished Mark Twain several years ago and we were catching spawning fish in about four feet of water. The lake came up about nine feet during the week and the fish were still holding on their original spawning location - only now in thirteen feet of water. Let the water warm up and I'll put the trolling gear (line counter reels, BnM trolling rods, Bandit 300s, two drift socks, and my Suzuki four stroke) to the test. The kids and I had several good outing last year and they are excited about trolling again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree crankbaits are only a few weeks away.