Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Birds Working = Fish ON !!!- 4 JAN 07

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birds Working = Fish ON !!!- 4 JAN 07

Yesterday as a pupil I was schooled on the fine art of reading working birds yesterday......birds are birds......I have said it a 1000 times.....BIRDS ARE OVER RATED !! I wont ever say that again !!Gannets,Gulls,Pelicans all mean a different size and quanity of fish under them.
    So for today I was "tested" by my "teachers" of yesterday......I think I passed my test today with flying colors.....Once again NO mojo's,umbrellas or stretches alloed....no trolling, just drufting with the birds and light tackle.....J keeler and Capt Tom hughes had fish on for the better part of the day.....10 or 12 boats worked a flock of birds very well....no one ran threw the middle,no one got in any one elses way, no body ran over any body....for almost 2 hours it was fish after fish....from 24 to 30 inches over & over .....50 plus fish easy.....off we went to find other spots to work on the IMG- 9 foot shoals- 4a.....you name it I lucked out and found fish ......Capt Tom had a nice day off catching fish for once and as always J Keeler finds the lunkers when least expected.....no 40+ fish today but he got fish at 32,36,34,31,38 Tom did the same with 36,a pair of 38's and every other time I looked back they had double hook ups...I even had time for 1 cast today and got a fat lil 33 incher myself,kissed and set free !! .......Birds Birds Birds in the sky will mean fish fish fish on the scope !! Good Googly Moogly what a day indeed !! We left them still hitting on every other cast as the sun went down and was dark by the time we got back to Little Creek......

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work RACN. Had to be tons of fun on the light tackle compare to the trolling setup.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

You are sooo right about the birds, know your birds and you can find fish. Great photos and better report - wish I did not put the boat away
    Moderator of Fishin Fanatics - National Fishing Forum
    http://fishinfanatics.com/forums/index.php?

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is a day that most people dream about.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

300+ boats out yesterday !! Glad I stayed home !

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER