Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday catchin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday catchin'

Got out on Saturday, up early to get on the bite early. Standing on the rocks and casting at Wade Branch by 5:30am. Could only stay for a little over an hour, but still managed to land 6 keepers and a nice White Bass (had 8 or 9 dinks that I had to throw back). Had to run home and do chores til mid Afternoon when I got the kiddo out and did a little crappie fishin' at Cedar Lake. We managed 7 more keepers til the wind picked up on us and made it tough to cast. If I didn't catch one more fish my entire life, I'm okay b/c I could watch the boy having fun reeling fish in ALL DAY LONG!

Post Thanks / Like

Tracking except ........i am hoping one day my kids will take me fishing and enjoy watching me reel them in 😀

Post Thanks / Like

Fished HD point this morning. Not much good. Where do fish at Cedar Lake? Do you bank fish? Don't need a hot spot, just general info. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

From EVERYTHING I've heard, Cedar Lake is the much better options vs. Lake Olathe. Doesn't make sense to me as Lake Olathe looks to have the better structure, etc. However, I've caught BUPKUS/0/Zilch/Nada at Lake Olathe. ANYWAYS... last Saturday we were fishing from the dock right by the little boat launch on the NW corner of the lake. We did "okay", but up about 50 yards from us there is a lay down tree about 30 yds into the water. The dude next to us was plucking fat crappie off that thing the whole time we were there. I've yet to fish the south side bank, but it looks pretty good too. Definitely worth another trip out there.