Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: here is my plan

Post Thanks / Like

Default here is my plan

planning on sinking some christmas trees in deep water but I am going to tie a liter bottle to the top and 2 blocks to the bottom. I know its not the best structure for crappie but the bait fish would like it, then I plan on sinking a J and J habitat tree next to it. hopeing this will produce all year. will also put some dog food in a mesh bag in the christmas tree to get it going fast

Post Thanks / Like

You might try using a Tide bottle instead of the pop bottle. It is a little larger and it is heavier plastic.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

is it true that dog food will draw fish quicker? Just wandering, i noticed you mentioned that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default chum

We have always used grain simply because it was cheap (free) and easy to get. When we do it for channel cats we put it in a 5 gal bucket (we always use john deere 5 gal buckets because they are free). Fill the bucket with beans or wheat, 3/4 full and put some water in it to make it like a "pig like slop" substance, then put the lid back on it and let the hot summer sun do its thing. In a few days you have a definite attracter. Some guys put it in a gunny (sp) sack or we spread it out in a small area making sure they have to forage for it. Thing is when you catch your fish they usually regurgitate what they have consumed in your boat and it is somewhat nasty. People catch the feces out of them though but you have to work around the mess.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Just know that the bottle or jug will eventually end up as shore trash.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)