Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing on a full moon???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing on a full moon???

I went to a small lake I have been fishing since I was 12(a loong time ago) At my age its all about getting to go and not about catching, Getting to enjoy the outdoors and surveying what has been provided by God. I hear others talking about "the full moon" and what a good time to fish. NOT ME. I like dark nights and have had my best luck when fishing on them. I caught a few(21) but they bit kind of funny. Lost a big bass that broke my 2 pound test line when he went around a stump. No matter I would have released it anyway. Hard to break that 2 pound test if the drag is set right. Beautiful day and I got to get out and ward off, what ever fisherman get this time of the year......Hope everyone has good luck and enjoys each trip, never know when the last trip will be ("the last trip").............Have Fun.....crappie1133
    Likes Idunno, Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do night crappie fishing out here in California too. Only night fished twice so far this year and all other crappie fishing trips have been during the day. I hate full moon nights too. It feels like crappies have options to feed elsewhere away from my light. Here is my night fishing routine: locate structure in 6ft or deeper near highway channels, tie or anchor as best away from incoming night wind, drop my green LED light, wait for the bait fish to show up then crappies right after. It is almost a guaranteed limit if there is no moon out because they come to me. I don't have to go chasing them from tree to tree or brush to brush. However, I am getting too old and tired staying up late on the boat. Last two night trips, I fell asleep after 1 a.m. If I am feeding friends, I will make the night trip otherwise, I enjoy the day in the sun, the challenge of trying to figure them out, and coming home to my comfortable bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lol11 View Post
    I do night crappie fishing out here in California too. Only night fished twice so far this year and all other crappie fishing trips have been during the day. I hate full moon nights too. It feels like crappies have options to feed elsewhere away from my light. Here is my night fishing routine: locate structure in 6ft or deeper near highway channels, tie or anchor as best away from incoming night wind, drop my green LED light, wait for the bait fish to show up then crappies right after. It is almost a guaranteed limit if there is no moon out because they come to me. I don't have to go chasing them from tree to tree or brush to brush. However, I am getting too old and tired staying up late on the boat. Last two night trips, I fell asleep after 1 a.m. If I am feeding friends, I will make the night trip otherwise, I enjoy the day in the sun, the challenge of trying to figure them out, and coming home to my comfortable bed.
    Can you provide info about your 'green LED light?' What is it, does it attract baitfish on that alone? What's it look like?
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

" I hear others talking about "the full moon" and what a good time to fish. NOT ME. I like dark nights and have had my best luck when fishing on them".

I do not like a full moon either. Seems as though the fish feed all night and don't bite good the next day.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I try not to fish full moon either.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to fish anytime I get a chance if there not biting so well still a good day I have had great days when I caught none . Heck I even had a pretty good day when my buddy caught 4 and I caught none but it was a little tougher than just none.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 2 years. I've had my best days on the full moon. Today was incredible.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I find the bite better on a full moon as well. I do LOTS of night fishing for crappie and have the best luck during both the full moon and new moon. Both are equally as good for me. I too use green LED lights secured around the edge of my boat and it draws in the baitfish. Lots of bugs too in summer...
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    Can you provide info about your 'green LED light?' What is it, does it attract baitfish on that alone? What's it look like?
    Bill, try to copy and past the post below on your email search. I put the post up a long time ago. I pasted a photo of my LED light there too. Bought mine from bass pro many years ago.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ml#post2797858

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lol11 View Post
    Bill, try to copy and past the post below on your email search. I put the post up a long time ago. I pasted a photo of my LED light there too. Bought mine from bass pro many years ago.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ml#post2797858
    Thanks for replying. I did see your old quoted post. But, how do you deploy this? Do you just hang it into the water? How? And how deep? Would love to hear more particulars, thanks.
    ~~~
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast