Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is winter?

Not that I'm complaining, but this is a bit unusual for this time of year. I just hate that I've not been able to get out and take advantage of it more than I have. Is anyone experiencing better fishing from the warm weather?

Post Thanks / Like

I am experienceing a lot of rain. A lot of it. Way too much fresh water on top of the crappie. The boat launches are flooded.
    If any one knows how to turn down this rain, please do so!
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Global Warming ... according to some, the biggest hoax ever played on the general public.

Post Thanks / Like

winter will be here in july, running a little late this year:D :D not a hole lot of luck her, you can find them but they are really spread out, cant wait to drop my J and J Habitat crappie tree so when they do start schooling better I can fish a spot instead of fishing all over the place

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where it is...And please don't go out trying to find it...LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

It'll come. Probably in April when we are really trying to fish! All the lakes will be flooded and we'll miss the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Our lows here in east central Illinois have been running higher than our normal highs for this time of year. The weather gal said tonight that our coldest time of the year is usually from January 7th to the 17th. Next week our temps are still going to be considerably above average. I can't complain as I have had better luck crappie fishing the past two weeks than I experienced all year. Hope this warm weather continues as I gave up ice fishing 10 years ago when I turned sixty.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    winter will be here in july, running a little late this year:D :D not a hole lot of luck her, you can find them but they are really spread out, cant wait to drop my J and J Habitat crappie tree so when they do start schooling better I can fish a spot instead of fishing all over the place

I like you CD, but you better stow that winter in July junk!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been awful warm here this winter and its took its toll on the fishin,they still aint bunched up like normal...hopefully it will get cold for at least a little while.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

we might pay for all this warm weather. It can do two things. we'll either get rain out the wazoo during spawn like we did here last spring, or it will be hot and dry, like it was here in april. (Oh, the times , they are a changing).

you fellers may scoff at this global warming stuff if you want to, but most of ya sound like you're too young to remember how winter was once. As a kid i had to get up in the morning, go to the water hole, and take an axe to cut a hole in the ice so the cows and mules could drink. We even skated on the old pond. I ain't seen ice on that pond in 10 years. I can't remember the last time i saw ice spewed up out of the ground.
    something has changed since the 40's and 50's. I don't know what you call it , but something changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast