Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville is good

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville is good

If you can find a place to launch a boat where everyone is not launching their first boat ever. I have come to a new conclusion if your buddy cannot back a trailer or load your boat, you actually have a girlfriend.

Ladies are still holding off bank but are hungry. Look for areas of bait skipping and work it thoroughly. I did real well on 40 yards of water that I would consider in the river arm but still not in a creek arm or cut.

Slowly worked jig in 3-7 fow some fish came off the bottom right under the boat.

Water clarity is very clean for this time of year. Still catching them on a home rolled electric chicken. Chart bodied and pink tail
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430696040.901015.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  64.5 KB
    Likes Wilk816, love2fish, catchem32 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

look like some nice fish

Post Thanks / Like

i'm diggin the buff

Post Thanks / Like

The buff is a necessity now. After many days on the water this year I forgot it. I felt beat down by the sun. It makes a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Same conditions that I ran into Saturday. When I was taking out at W ramp, there was the typical idiot who pulled their still strapped down boat right in the middle of the ramp to un-rig and load gear into boat from truck. I told the guy on my way up the ramp with my boat that it is usually a good idea to do the boat prep off to the side and not in the middle of the ramp where they block other folks who are ready to launch. I told the boater's partner, so I doubt it got communicated to the person who actually parked it there. I've told people this several times over the years- I haven't gotten a negative reply, fortunately.
    Likes vic n, south point, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

TwainGang, I'm glad you didn't get a negative reply. And I'd be surprised if the partner didn't at least mention it as they idled away from the dock.

Some people just haven't been taught the etiquette and if you make a courteous suggestion and aren't an a$$ about it, I think you get more traction.

Same kinda thing on the golf course or whatever. Some people just plain don't know yet.

I'd rather witness an ignoramus on the ramp than some arrogant jerk loosing his $hit at his wife or kid because they can't back the trailer when they only do it once or twice a year, if that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe I'm trying to learn how to back down the ramp!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave
    Likes stratosverian, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    TwainGang, I'm glad you didn't get a negative reply. And I'd be surprised if the partner didn't at least mention it as they idled away from the dock.

Some people just haven't been taught the etiquette and if you make a courteous suggestion and aren't an a$$ about it, I think you get more traction.

Same kinda thing on the golf course or whatever. Some people just plain don't know yet.

I'd rather witness an ignoramus on the ramp than some arrogant jerk loosing his $hit at his wife or kid because they can't back the trailer when they only do it once or twice a year, if that.
    I'm ready with a reply if they get do respond negatively- I would just tell him that the next guy who tells him where to un-rig and load the gear into the boat may not be as nice as me- and his trailer tires might need air after he gets back off the water.

I've seen the guy yelling at his wife bit before- I don't know who to shake my head at more- the guy who is losing it, or the woman who decided to make a life with that type of guy! I was taught in a similar way though- but as a kid on 1950's model Farmall tractors backing a wagon, or if I was lucky- a trailer, full of hay uphill into a hayshed, while my ex army WWII vet dad yelled "instructions" LOL! I used to work with a guy who said he was a big fisherman- but told me he hadn't been able to go for a month since his truck's tailgate wouldn't open- seems he needed that to be down in order to back his trailer down a ramp without jack-knifing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast