Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a crappie get away

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a crappie get away

Can someone give me some recommendations on a get away type place (fishing cabins for example) on a good crappie lake in Oklahoma or Arkansas.

I'd like to get away for the weekend out of the DFW metromess and would like to find a place that's quiet with some good crappie action.

A guide on that lake would be nice also.

Thanks in advance.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeff:

The crappie are biting fairly well on Lake Greeson right now and it's only about 4-hours from you. We got this mess yesterday on a long half-day trip:

And this mess a few days ago on a full-day trip:

Our RV is available this weekend - http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/bunkhouse.htm and there are several other places in the area for lodging. Self Creek Marina - http://www.selfcreek.com/ is right on Lake Greeson. Lakeside Motel - 3983 Highway 70 W Kirby, AR (870) 398-5304 - is within 10-minutes and Ouachita Mountain Inn - 189 U.S. 70 East Glenwood, AR 71943 and Riverwood Inn - http://www.riverwood-inn.com/ - are within 20-minutes.

The Weather Channel is predicting decent weather for the weekend - http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...s/tenday/71964
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, that looks awesome and just what I'm looking for. I will wait for a few more replies before I make a decision.

I also have to figure out when I get parolled from here. Parolled from work and life in general that is.

What kind of techniques are you using to catch those nice slabs this time of year out of curiosity?
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

If you want piece and quiet try Lake Leatherwood in Eureka Springs located in NW Arkansas. It has the feeling of being in Canada without the drive! Crappie fishing is very good there near the dam. Here is a link to the park and lake with cabins on site:

http://www.cityofeurekasprings.org/leatherwood.html
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
    Jerry, that looks awesome and just what I'm looking for. I will wait for a few more replies before I make a decision.

I also have to figure out when I get parolled from here. Parolled from work and life in general that is.

What kind of techniques are you using to catch those nice slabs this time of year out of curiosity?
    Hey Jeff:

We're using minnows under slip-floats and vertical jigging hair jigs on long poles while "hovering" over crappie condos.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

cool. Thanks again.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry and Darryl will probly be the closest to you. And they have a really nice setup down there...Greeson is one of the best crappie lakes in Arkansas...I think you'll have a great time...I'm taking a trip with Darryl probly late March...

If you dont go to Greeson stay in Hot Springs, and get with either of these guys and fish on Hamilton..

Hope this helps..
    greenwoodpittbulls.com
    greenwood360.com

Taking pictures keeps me insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff both Jerry and JT speak the truth as Greeson and Lake Leatherwood are truly beautiful mountian lakes. My wife and I visited Eureka Springs last weekend and went out to see Lake Leatherwood. Its a real nice lake thats only 86 acres. It gets little to no fishing pressure according to the park ranger I spoke with. You also have Eureka Springs at your disposal which is a real nice place especially if you take your wife.

Obviously you know what you will get at Greeson fishing with Jerry or Darryl. Both are first class gentlemen who know there crappie fishing. I think I have learned more in two trips with those two than I ever learned on my own. I assure you even if you have a bad day fishing with them it will be worth your time in the long run with all the tricks of the trade you will pick up.

Take care and enjoy your vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thansk for the replies everybody.

Jerry, I'll probably hit you up when my schedule clears out a little bit. Already excited...just can't tell if it's cause I'm gettin' the heck out of dodge for a while or if it's because I get to haul in some slabs from another state. :D

Thanks again
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

You will love fishin with Jerry. He is a super nice guy and can put you on the fish. Check out his web site and just look at the photos. I check his site every day to see what his catchin. And how. Read the trip reports.

Lake Greeson is like gettin to be woods and fishin and seeing the wildlife. Saw two bucks gettin a drink last trip down.

My wife and I stayed at the Riverwood Inn and it was nice.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast