Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello from florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello from florida!

I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself and tell you why I was interested in this site. I just happened on it the other day while researching a problem with my gamefisher 7.5 engine. I found what I wanted about the engine and site members seem to be very friendly and knowlefgeable about fishing. I grew up fishing. Lived with my grandfather and we often made trips to Harney pond canal, or the dam at the indian reservation. Most often we'd fish close to home in the Peace River next to a huge oak tree that hung over the water by the bridge in Brownville,Fl.. I liked catching almost everything (but gars!) but the fishing trips I remember best are the ones at the dam when we caught big specks when the locks were open. It was hard to even tell if a fish was on sometimes with the water swirling but it seemed like the swirls were the best places to catch them! We always used minnows or wigglers. I never realized until recently how hard it must have been for him to get up at five am after a week of physical work and take an excited 10 year old on a 120 mile round trip. We'd jump in his 63 Falcon and go though..wing windows blowing air on my face . We'd get bait and sodas at Bears Den(Lake placid) then off to the dam! I have gotten up the same way to go fishing with my daughter when she was young and just recently went out with her (now 25) on my "new " boat. It's just a dinky little fiberglass jon boat with two seats . I live in Sebring ,fl now so go to either Lake Josephine to fish or lake June. If anyone has fished those two lakes I'd be interested in any advice on fishing either. I know june will be great for bedding bluegills in the end of may or June so definitely planning to be there then. Middle of June I'm planning a trip to Okeechobee. Last year wife and I stayed at a little fish camp on the tip of the northeast corner of the lake. We rented a boat and fished the canals just off from the camp. We caught some huge bluegills and can't wait to get back..with my own boat! I really do want to try to improve crappie fishing technique though and learn to use jigs. well..I probably got too long winded..so i'll stop but glad to be here!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah..my username is one I've used in chat rooms for ten years..At the time I started I had a 65 barracuda Formula S car. It was fast!! car is gone now but still keep the handle!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Glad to have you. I love this sight!!! Wife says it my facebook. Its awesome to see so many people from all over, that love fishing as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard fastfish. Crappie.com is a very good (family friendly) forum. People here learn and help others with all types of fishing and boating questions. When (legal) drop some fish habitat it will help the fish and help your fishing.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

johndeere...I belong to a political chat site and believe me..this is a LOT more civil!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, fastfish!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the BEST fishing forum on the net!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Middle Tennessee, from a 33 year Florida transplant. Orlando for 11 and Deland for 22 more before I wound up here. I miss the 'Gills that I used to get but the Crappie here keep me busy. Enjoy the forum, there's tons to learn and some great folks.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC
    Good luck and good fishing

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

West Ky sez hay y'all ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/