Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Help

Can anyone provide recommendations on which part of Mark Twain to fish? I usually put in at Ray Behrens and fish around Indian Creek. I was skunked in early April but that was probably weather related. I don't want your Honey holes just a nudge in the right direction.

MDC Fishing report says black and chartreuse jigs are hot. Any tips on size? 1/8, 1/16 or smaller?

Any help appreciated. I am trying to get my buddy hooked on fishing and I want him to have some luck this time.

Post Thanks / Like

STL,

Honestly, if you are headed up soon you're probably in the right area this time..... Dry Fork, Little Indian and Big Indian are producing right now. If you want to run a little further up the lake you can hit Shell Branch, Sandy Creek, Pidgeon or Eely.... stable weather (fingers crossed) and sunshine are your friends between now and when you are planning on hitting the water.

If you're trying to hook a buddy, keep the boat ride short and start fishin.

Black/Chart is a producer on Twain but this time of the year it should all work.

Making a midnight run (from Wisconsin) tomorrow evening to our cabin at Twain for a weekend of fishin and 'roonin. Will report back!

U

Post Thanks / Like

personally, this time of year I like the western arms better than the main lake area. I know plenty of fish are caught around the dam area during the spawn, but I have better luck in the arms. now once the spawn is over and the fish settle into a summer pattern, then I fish more around the main lake.
    black and chartruse is always a hot color on twain, size jig depends on the fish's mood. I generally fish with 1/8 and a bigger body, but not always. on a good day it won't matter, anyways.
    I know the fish are staging to spawn right now, and some may be on the banks already. but not all fish are on the banks at once so don't get too hung up beating the banks. some days (even during the spawn) I have better luck fishing the stick ups on the flats or in a cut along a bluff or even the ledge on the edge of a creek channel but on more open water. just keep moving around and changing it up until you trip over a good pattern. and don't forget the minners!
    Likes working man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    STL,

Honestly, if you are headed up soon you're probably in the right area this time..... Dry Fork, Little Indian and Big Indian are producing right now. If you want to run a little further up the lake you can hit Shell Branch, Sandy Creek, Pidgeon or Eely.... stable weather (fingers crossed) and sunshine are your friends between now and when you are planning on hitting the water.

If you're trying to hook a buddy, keep the boat ride short and start fishin.

Black/Chart is a producer on Twain but this time of the year it should all work.

Making a midnight run (from Wisconsin) tomorrow evening to our cabin at Twain for a weekend of fishin and 'roonin. Will report back!

U
    Hey Robbie, I might give you a shout, looks like I might be at the state park over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,
    What South Point said!
    I'll see you up there Tom......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    Hey Robbie, I might give you a shout, looks like I might be at the state park over the weekend.
    Holler at me, literally any time after 10:30 P.M. tomorrow night....... not kidding about the midnight run.

U

Post Thanks / Like

will do. not sure if we will be there Friday night of Saturday morning, I'll shoot ya a text after I get camp set up

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck guys. We are going to Bull shoals next week and are starting to try to put together an overnight trip to Twain the week after. Can you guys recommend a place that we may be able to get a place for a Tuesday night on short notice. We can always bring the tent to the state park but would rather go for something more convient since we are only looking at staying one night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by working man View Post
    Good luck guys. We are going to Bull shoals next week and are starting to try to put together an overnight trip to Twain the week after. Can you guys recommend a place that we may be able to get a place for a Tuesday night on short notice. We can always bring the tent to the state park but would rather go for something more convient since we are only looking at staying one night.
    I've always been partial to South Fork Resort. Although I've never stayed there because we have our cabin, it's our go-to place when we need to pick up ice, minners, grub, bevvies, etc. If you're looking to fish the South Fork you're only about 3 minutes from the ramp as well. I like to support Ron and Mary when we can....... not to mention it's a short run from there to the Dry Dock to see Odie and they've got some dang good food. This is their (SFR) peak season so the sooner you call, the better.

South Fork Resort at Mark Twain Lake

U
    Likes working man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

South fork is a usual stop for us. We normally put in at 107. Any other recommendations if they are full? And how do you get to dry dock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast