Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watts Bar nuclear plant leaking radioactive water.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watts Bar nuclear plant leaking radioactive water.

This article I am reading says about 2 gallons a day are spilling. They will shut it down in late winter to make repairs.
    I am planning to come to the spring fling and this concerns me. I won't be eating any of the fish from watts bar. lol Do the crappie glow? j/k
    What have some of you from the area heard about this plant leakage.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Glow in the Dark Fish Here

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    This article I am reading says about 2 gallons a day are spilling. They will shut it down in late winter to make repairs.
    I am planning to come to the spring fling and this concerns me. I won't be eating any of the fish from watts bar. lol Do the crappie glow? j/k
    What have some of you from the area heard about this plant leakage.

I live on Watts Bar Lake and have not heard a thing about any leak,(not surprising) Good thing is that the Nuc plant is below Watts Bar Dam, maybe the fish will not swim up through the dam, LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to know it is below the dam. Makes sense. If the fish develop wings maybe then, we worry.lol That article was on the ap wire.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

There is soooo many stories on TVA lakes and heavy metals and radioactive materials it is just not funny. There were stories when I went to college about all the material from Oak Ridge being dumped into Fort Loundon, Norris and Watts Bar along with all the rivers that feed them. Then you got Brown Ferry and Sequal (not spelled right) on Chickamuga and the others down wind and in other states. So I would not beleive too much that they say about TVA and their faculities. But I live on that side of the dam and we have not seen or heard any flying fish LOL but will keep an eye on the sky for them.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watt's Bar and TVA Radiation leaks

Do you guys have the link to the article in the news paper?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default W-S Journal

www.journalnow.com

go to local news and under regional news there is an article about the leak at Watts - Barr in the Monday Morning edition of our local paper here in Winston - Salem, NC
    Last edited by crap-king; 01-03-2005 at 04:31 AM.
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default watts bar

its nothing to worry about ,it will just make the crappie more active to bite

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see that they plan to shut down to fix those leaking pipes now instead of waiting until next spring.

I personally don't like radiation that much and hope they keep it contained and not let it get out into the waters that I fish.
    Regards,

Moose1am