Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova mounting help for War Eagle 1648 LDV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova mounting help for War Eagle 1648 LDV

Within the next couple of weeks I will be upgrading to a Terrova with i-pilot. Would really like some advice or help with where/how to mount it.....pics of your WE 1648 with Terrova would be great. Right now I have a MK Edge mounted on the trolling motor plate accessory from WE. You can see in pics below. One pic is from WE site and the other is of my setup. This mounting plate has the wiring system like in the photo as well so I figure I will need to keep it this way? I really wasn't sure if it would be more beneficial to somehow get it mounted to when the motor was deployed it was more towards the center of the boat or if having it on the left side like I do now would be fine? Any suggestions (and pics) would be appreciated.

Name:  foot_trolling_bracket_lg.jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  84.6 KBName:  spiderrig.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  53.6 KB

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mine mounted on my WE 754VS. It does not come with the troller mount like yours but is mounted in the same place. I have never noticed a real problem with it steering or holding a course. Naturally it would be just a little better right over center but I didn't like the idea of the tradeoff's you have when mounted that way ( motor has to be mounted quite a bit forward so good chance of busting covers on winch or roller, head sticking out over side of boat when trailering, harder to retrieve motor at that angle, could be in your way getting in and out of boat)
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not a War Eagle but mine is mounted straight with the boat and off center and it tracks and steers great. I removed my trolling motor mount that came with the boat because it was not needed with the terrova. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430329421956.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  27.5 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I have a war eagle black hawk. My terrova is mounted on the plate just like yours in the picture. It sticks out a little but it won't bother anything there and it will track just fine. No problem. I love mine and i bet you will too. Good luck