Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Do you know your tri-hull Gamefisher boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you know your tri-hull Gamefisher boats?

I'm interested in finding an old fiberglass tri-hull Gamefisher boat and make a nice crappie boat out of it. I see references to lengths from 10' to 14' but no website that describes the different models that were made. If you know a lot about them, did they make a 10' model? The 14' is too big for what I want.

This is the basic open floor design I want. I'd probably remove the bench and ensure it had a flat floor. Just wish I knew more about them so I could go searching for the right model.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sears Gamefisher Boats and Engines?? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
    Post #5 has some good info.
    Not really much out there on them. I know the glass ones are tough.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

If your not having any luck finding a Gamefisher take a look at an old Bass Charger. It fits your description and I have the 14' version. very open to start your mods and VERY stable. I'll try and post a pic this evening when I get home.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

MFG made the Gamefisher for Sears. I have a 14, and there was even a 16, but maybe that was only for MFG themselves. You might want to think twice about taking those cross sections/seats out, as it may weaken the sides for strength. I just put in a floor with plywood and carpeted it, bracing the plywood at the middle.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 12' Shakespeare Wondercraft that was similar and a heck of a boat. Double hull and foam between like a small Boston whaler with a wide tri hull looking front. Had a small transom mount for a TM on the front that was real handy. I had an 18hp 1956 Johnson on it and it would really cook. The Sears boats you pictured were bad about the fiberglass oxidizing in the sun and giving you a coating of glass dust whenever you went out in it or rubbed against it. Light sanding and clear coating solved this. There were lots of them around in FL when I lived there years back.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY View Post
    MFG made the Gamefisher for Sears. I have a 14, and there was even a 16, but maybe that was only for MFG themselves. You might want to think twice about taking those cross sections/seats out, as it may weaken the sides for strength. I just put in a floor with plywood and carpeted it, bracing the plywood at the middle.
    I had an 11' MFG when I was a kid. Great little boats. It had a Sea King 5hp twin I had a love/hate relationship with. Running that motor I did learn something about using a manual mixture adjustment carb and how to clean spark plugs on the water with a bent wire fishing hook and some pieces of t-shirt. (It also provided plenty of opportunities to perfect my rowing technique.) But it was enough to get the little MFG up on plane with only me in it.

I agree about the seats. They're designed to contribute to the structural integrity of the hull.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

A Carolina Skiff looks similar to the Gamefisher, so look for those too.