Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe it happened

Post Thanks / Like

Default I can't believe it happened

Around Christmas I posted a thread about help with St Jude kids and I had not one single reply and I guess that my thread has been removed. I had about 50 looks but no replys. That's okay because I will just do it myself. I hate that some people are selfish and unwilling to help kids that are sick and have maybe have one last wish to go fishing. I really hate that this hapened.

Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed your post but I recieve St. Judes donation request in the mail very often and I give when I can. You should not bash people as all of us are not as selfish as you might think.

Post Thanks / Like

possumcop,

I'm sorry no one replyed to your post, but do you think it is possible that people may have aready dontated. Not that it matters, but I donated through one of my fellow coworkers.

Post Thanks / Like

People here are generous and kind in many ways. More so than most places online. When you ask for help and don't get the responce you anticipated, becoming critical only hurts you and your cause.

Persuading people isn't easy. You have to realize that people don't often see a cause the same way you do. Go ask a few missionaries how hard it is to persuade people that thier cause is worth supporting. Its hard work and your going to get told no a lot. If you feel strongly about helping these kids, the thing to do is to help them yourself first, then get other to help you help them. I teach kids fishing quite a lot and get great personal satisfaction from it, but I know that trying to get time and money from people to take kids fishing is a tough task. I have tried and usually end up doing it out of my own pocket or not at all.

I appreciate your intent. I just suggest that you may need to adjust your methods a little.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-03-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty harsh statement there "cop". I would not be so quick to judge us folks here at Crappie .com. I have been here a while and can't think of anyone here I would call "selfish".

Best Regards
    Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Possumcop, All of us here on this site are more than willing to help out any one in need of just about any thing. We always have in the past and always will in the future. However, your statement was hard. It could be that when you posted that, many on the board was busy doing some thing else and did not see it. I don't think that any one on this site is going to be told they have to give or be bullied into giving to any thing. You might want to think about that before the next time you make a statement like that.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never Saw It

I never saw the post but I always donate every year but it's cause I want to not cause I have to!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by possumcop
    I guess that my thread has been removed.
    "No,its still there"

I hate that some people are selfish and unwilling to help kids that are sick and have maybe have one last wish to go fishing. I really hate that this hapened.
    "Easy there,big guy.We all do what we can.I give what I can.If other people do,great...if not ....they have their reasons.Cool down a little and get this deleted....
    Do what you can and don't worry about others

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

How can you be sure that some took it upon themselves to just send something directly to St Judes after reading your post. I don't believe there are many selfesh members on our boards, that is what we do here is share knowledge and ourselves. But you did say around X-mas when many people are already busy with other family matters.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with everyone on this. The people of CC.com are very giving people. And very forgiving people. I did not see your post. I live 5 miles form St. Judes and when or if I contribute to anybody around here it is St. Judes and Ronald Mcdonald House.

I will say this in my behalf. December is a bad month monetarily for the Langley family. However, I still find a way to give to those who are less fortunate. I'm sure alot of men and women find it to be a hard month also to give.

So calm down and try again with a different post. And count me in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast