Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beam Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beam Light

What is the best hand held beam light for seeing and tracking down your catfish jugs? I want something that will see the reflective tape on the jugs for a long distance. Tired of losing my noodles. My old light has seen it's last season.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I use a cordless Qbeam led. It has high and low power on the white LEDs and set of red LEDs. I use pieces of pool noodle with reflective tape around the top. It will light them up for a long ways and holds a charge for a long time.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a blue max Q beam mounted on my boats for years. Helps to see in fog as well as long distances. Can be used as handheld or as fix mount on boat but it is not a portable light. It is around 30 years old with no problems.

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beam Light

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430131916.680009.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  140.4 KB
    Pretty good light, for the money. Seeker, or something like that. Academy has them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a handheld flashlight by Feit Electronics that has amazing power, although, battery life at such power is not a long time. But, you could have extra rechargeable batteries. It has 1,000 lumens of light, which is truly amazing. There are other brands in powerful LED lights.

LED Flashlights, High Power LED, Weather Resistant & More
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

here is a great link for spot lights without spending a lot of money.Marine Handheld Spot / Flood Lights on Sale

Post Thanks / Like

I like this one as well, but I have had the opposite problem to what you have. I have been looking for a lower powered spot light for on the water. These new Q Beams and other lights put out to much light. When there is a fog at night you turn on one of those 1-3.5 million candle power lights on your whited out.
    Quote Originally Posted by talltimber View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430131916.680009.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  140.4 KB
    Pretty good light, for the money. Seeker, or something like that. Academy has them.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Interstate Batteries.com and look for LIG 8201. Bought mine at an ACE hdw store, paid $20. On sale on the web site. What I liked best was AA batteries, you can find them anywhere cheaply. And the dang thing is bright! Try your local ACE, see if they got it and see what you think. 5

Post Thanks / Like

Little more pricey but I have a stream light e-spot which is a rechargeable light. I have used it as many as seven hours in a night with no trouble. It is the same lights you see fireman carry and mounted atop of swat vehicles. Is has a three led head with over 600 lumens of power. It's the best light I have ever owned. No trouble findin anything within a couple hundred yards. I've had it for five years and it works as good as it ever has. Very high quality light.